Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Migration Is On?????

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by mrmallerd, Dec 22, 2003.

1. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Now that Nothern & Central Season has closed, a HUGE MIGRATION IS ON aT REND, we have been infiltrated by Northern & Central Hunters. They speak strangly, & shoot HIGH. Wow, I'm so glad we got a later Season:confused: :confused: Now, if we could just get some new ducks? Been shooten at the same since opener.

2. TEAM_US

TEAM_US Senior Refuge Member

Southern IL (Skybusting Capital of the World). I would be willing to bet that the reason whomever is skybusting, is because everyone else in SI shoots high. Have you ever been to a public place in the Southern Zone, that the majority of people don't shoot high. Always hear southern zone people complaining about skybusters. And every public place I've been to down there, we've seen some really high shots taken. So, I'm not sure you're correct when assuming its central and northern zone hunters shooting high. Just my opinion. Good luck with the skybusters.

3. ringedneck

ringedneck Senior Refuge Member

Theres been plenty of skybusters at Rend all year long, whats a few more?

4. 20ft racer

20ft racer Refuge Member

I'll second that!!!!!

5. Orange_airbrakes

Orange_airbrakes Elite Refuge Member

They are at every public hunting area in the state. Don't think youv'e cornered the market on Skybusters at rend.;)

6. zebulon

zebulon Elite Refuge Member

O A ---- We hunt the river all the time. We did not see one boat till the last week of the season. They set up 100 yards away and call every time we have ducks working. Now, I remember , why we don't hunt the sanganois.

7. Orange_airbrakes

Orange_airbrakes Elite Refuge Member

I gave it up too, about the second week of Dec. moved to the corn fields and killed dern near as many ducks in the last two weeks of the season as we did all year at the Nois.:rolleyes: It was nice in the field, no one shooting your swing cuz they are afraid you'll kill a duck, No one blowing their guts through the call till the ducks land, Got to shoot at working ducks with no one blowing it at the last minuet. I almost didn't know how to act.:h Didn't make it up the Sangamon this year, got to spoiled in the fields.
    ;)

8. duckhead00

duckhead00 Guest

not going to go to the place.. just curious .. where is this sangonis or however you spell it river?

9. SangamonIL

SangamonIL Senior Refuge Member

Sanganois is where the Sangamon and Illinois rivers meet, the public spots are the backwaters of lakes and sloughs. The closest big town is Springfield or Havana. The closest is Bath or Chandlerville, the are run down towns with some houses we rent to stay in during duck season. It is the #1 duck killing spot in IL, for the past years. There is a drawing for yearly rental of blind spots which must be hunted out of a perm. blind. The drawing is held in July each year. There is also a drawing each day in Browning and the next day it is in Chandlerville, they flip flop each day. You have to know the place well, they have bad maps and most people hunt the 70+ blind spots everyday, but some dont get claimed. There is 15 or so blinds that kill a lot of ducks, but all the others at least see ducks. If you go to Sanganois and see less than 100 ducks that is a really bad day. If you come home without any ducks that is a bad day too, you must be doing somthing wrong. It has the crap hole blinds too. PM me if you want to know more. Thats pretty much it.

10. deadbird

deadbird Senior Refuge Member

Bath might be run down, but they got some good watering holes
    :D