Military Display

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by DComeaux, Feb 7, 2018.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Did you purposely scam your way out of the draft? Have you ever belittled a POW for getting caught for political gain?

2. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

3. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Doesn't say he scammed his way out of anything as far as the draft. And as far as McCain is concerned I took Trump's comments that McCain's POW hero status was coincidental. That the real heroes to Trump were the ones that got up every day of their tour and faced what the day could have brought.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  4. buck_master_2001

Yup. College and “bad feet”

His shot at McCain was a low blow anyway you look at it.

5. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Perception of McCain has changed over the years. No doubt he earned his cred during the Vietnam era (yes there those who would be critical of his POW conduct). I don’t know first hand so won’t go there personally. What I will say is that I don’t agree with his view of what is best for the country. In that sense, I’d like to see him move on.

6. chuam

chuam Elite Refuge Member

7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

News flash...most military members don't like marching in parades. It's takes too much time away from their assigned responsibilities and their normal schedule.

We had to assemble, as cadets, every damn morning and evening in full military uniform and company formation after a cursory assembly and inspection and march to chow after the raising and lowering of the flag. All 4000 of us. We also had required assembly and parade review several times a year. That required special detail to parade uniform and scheduling.

If someone in authority would have asked us if we'd like to forego the show and tell for the public parade displays I can guarantee you the vote would be heavily in favor of not doing the parade.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  8. buck_master_2001

Nothing to do with time away from responsibilities but more so having a hate for dog and pony shows. Not to mention it will probably be on a weekend when that’s the time to drink mass amounts of alcohol and search for loose women. Plus there’s just no need for a damn parade because he wants one.

Bear and stevena198301 like this.
  9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Only thing I hated worse than the dog and pony show known as a military parade, was a post run. How smart is it to make every soldier on post cluster together in a big group, run X miles, and claim it builds esprit-de-corps? Sounds like the beginning of a movie involving a mass shooter...

buck_master_2001 likes this.
  10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

We would call them "Crap outs." Had a guy have a heart attack on one and the senior cadet in our Company just back from Airborne school the month previously decided the pot bellied freshman was in need of some motivation and we drug him the last 1/4 mile or so. The cadet lived.