Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Missouri Snow Goose Guide Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by BANDMAN, Jan 25, 2018.

1. BANDMAN

BANDMAN Refuge Member

Does anyone have experience with any Spring Snow Goose guides in Missouri that they would like to recommend? Thanks for any info

2. BrowningGold10

BrowningGold10 Senior Refuge Member

3. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Neu Outdoors.

Mallard Krazy and brentbullets like this.
  4. DUCKIES1

DUCKIES1 Senior Refuge Member

we have a pit here at http://www.duckhuntingguideservice.com/ we just completed our 2017-18 season.
    will be installing a new 6 X 24 foot pit this spring for next season. Give Jesse a call heck of a guy. he is also on FB

5. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

6. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

Possumfoot.................was that in Canada, Arkansas and Missouri. Not many outfitters/hunters averaging 88 birds per day (let alone per morning) that I have heard of in NW Missouri. I'm not saying they can't have a great shoot of that many or more birds in NW Missouri but I would say the average is MUCH lower than 88 in NW Missouri in the Spring. For a group of 6 guys I would guess the real average is closer to 25-30'ish per day in NW Missouri and that is far more realistic.

Anyone that advertises that in NW Missouri I would challenge as just don't see it. Have been hunting in the area for 10+ years and the outfitters I'm aware of (that have been doing it for a LONG time) don't do that nor do any of the guys like us. Can't remember the last time we had a 80+ day. Our best days are generally 50-60 birds in a day for 4-6 shooters (best days, not our average). I would check with T. Toye in the NW Missouri area.

Good luck

ArmChair Biologist, jzoo and CANME like this.
  7. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

Depending on how much coin you want to fork out for the hunt, Habitat Flats, Eaglehead Outdoors (I believe they do MO hunts), and many others guide in MO has they move up the flyway from Arkansas.

Like Hannibal mentioned, a 88 bird average would be very hard to believe in the spring. It does look like they are a Run and Gun style of hunting of chasing the feeds so if its strictly feeds, could it be done? I dont know has from my experience feeds are never 100% shoots

hannibal likes this.
  8. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

I'd be surprised if guys have even averaged 25-30 birds a day in NW MO the last couple years. It just hasn't been as good the last few years as it used to be. If I wanted to do a MO hunt I would skip NW MO and go to the bootheel instead. Maybe it's just been a few off years or maybe NW MO is losing it's birds, I don't know, but Squaw specifically hasn't been nearly as good as it used to be. That's what I've been told from guys who've hunted it for awhile. Eaglehead has done especially well in the bootheel the last three years. They set up big migrator spreads and hunt out of pits there.

As far as Habitat Flats goes, If I was going to spend the money to hunt with those guys I would do an Arkansas hunt with them. From what I've seen, they do allot better in Arkansas. If you were dead set on NW MO I would go with Eaglehead or Toye.

9. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

Armchair Biologist................I think that is a good suggestion. There are still plenty of opportunities in NW Missouri to have a decent hunt but with the intense pressure now being put on the birds in Arkansas it has been increasingly more challenging to have consistent hunts and you may very well be right that the average is even lower than what I suggested. If people are looking for big shoots I think your best opportunity for that is on the front end of the migration in Canada during the Fall or at the start of the Conservation Order in the Spring in Arkansas, SE Missouri and other Southern states. At one time there was nearly no hunting pressure in Arkansas on the white birds but now every outfitter in the Midwest and beyond is there beating up on them on their trek North. I certainly don't knock them as I have given strong consideration to heading South to kick off the Conservation Season.

If you are going to pay someone to hunt (which I refuse to do) and want to have an opportunity for truly epic shoot then spend your money wisely and go to Arkansas or SE Missouri to put the odds in your favor!

If you are looking for a couple of NW MO outfitters I think a couple have been mentioned and they no doubt still have some epic shoots and overall good days but just not as predictable as it might be in the Southern States.

Good luck.

10. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

How long before Arkansas changes their license requirements for the spring season with all the hunters going there now?

i_willie12 likes this.