Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Missouri snow goose guide

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Waterfowler75, Nov 27, 2016.

1. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

We are going with Goosehogg OutDoors. THis is year 9 or 10 with him, if that means anything.

2. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

I've had friends who've had great hunts with Eaglehead in Missouri. Tracy for huntupnorth goes to Nebraska now and they had a phenomenal year there last year.

Picking a guide service is tough. I guided for a big time outfitter last year in Arkansas and there's plenty of good and bad guide services. I saw plenty of both. You can even have a phenomenal guide and a bad guide in the same guide service, so getting the right guide can be a big deal as well.

Having guided and knowing a few guides I would go to Nebraska and hunt with Tracy, or go with eaglehead in Missouri.
    Neither one of these outfits are the outfit I worked for.

leftyhunter likes this.
  3. juviesoup

juviesoup Senior Refuge Member

Eaglehead, Habitat Flats, Up North are probably one of your best bets in MO. Your least bet would be any fly by night guide service, and one to def stay away from would be Northern Skies

leftyhunter and GK1 like this.
  4. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

Please elaborate. :)

5. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

Although I've heard many bad things about Northern Skies I must say that they have a few awesome guides. I met and competed with a couple of their guides. Both of them were two of their oldest and experienced guides. Besides being a pain in my ***, they were super friendly and very experienced/knowledgeable. I would be happy if I had a guided hunt with these guys...that's not saying that all of their guides are good however.

6. jpallen

jpallen Elite Refuge Member

Solid advice.

7. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

8. juviesoup

juviesoup Senior Refuge Member

If you like hunting spreads that have sat in the same field for days on end, guides dumping empty rounds out on the ground to make it seem like they have been doing good in said spread then NSKO is the guide service for you. Ive seen their spreads sit in the same field for 2 weeks straight, just cycling clients in and out of them. NSKO is all about making money they could care less how great of a spring hunt you have. They claim they move spreads everyday, the survey says that is a lie. I've talked to people who have left mid hunt because they had such a crappy experience.