Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Mixing....

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by marshmob, Feb 8, 2018.

1. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

.....flyers. Anyone mix brands since some have totally different motion? Was just thinking how some flap like Sillosock and others such as feather flyers flip. I apologize if this might be overthinking but that’s what I do while waiting for whitie

2. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

We mix. If we have really good strong winds we now leave fliers and rotaties down. 15mph or less run fliers and 15+mph leave them down. We experiment but have had good success it seems lately with them down on strong wind days.

It's getting closer.

Good luck

3. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Exactly what we do. If we are running flyers by themselves they're almost always silosocks but we do have 10 or so white rock flyers. IMO, White Rocks and Silosock flyers are the only ones worth owning. We always flag a ton.

4. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

Juvie, we are planning to do a lot more flagging (with fliers) and experimenting with some 20' extended sillosock flier and a new apparatus my partner created to flag with sillosock in the kill hole. Sort of the jerk rig concept but with a sillosock flier. Will post up some pics once we get set.

Always love a little r & d time in the field.

Good luck

5. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

Hannibal
    On no wind days we use ss flyers on their 12’ flagging poles. Probably the most realistic thing I’ve seen.