Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Mobile, Alabama Duck Hunting

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by StauterBuilt78, Aug 29, 2017.

1. StauterBuilt78

StauterBuilt78 New Member

I was a member on this site back around the year 2000 and let my membership die when the Refuge decisioned to start charging folks for memberships. Glad to see it's free again!

I recently moved to the Mobile, Alabama area and I'm looking for advice on where to chase ducks here. My background in hunting has always been either in North Alabama (Swan Creek / Mallard Fox WMA's) or - where the majority of my time was spent - Arkansas field and timber hunting. Any help is appreciated!

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

No water, no ducks

3. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

Think you are thinking of the Southern duck hunter site.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

That never happened.

5. StauterBuilt78

StauterBuilt78 New Member

Starting my membership out on the site with a bang! Guess I got my forums confused. The tar and feathering will continue I'm sure.

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Never been hunting down there, but I heard it's just like Swan Creek... Pull up right beside someone just before shooting light, and hunt over their decoys. Offering them coffee may help.

7. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

I wold stick to the tidal marsh south of I-10 to many Yahoo!'s up north try the eastern shore just watch the tide

8. billfisherman13

billfisherman13 New Member

Stauterbuilt78. I'm new to the area as well. Live in Elberta. I'm trying to get the lay of the land myself. I'm an avid waterfowler, but being from delaware this yankee is lost down here! Whereabouts are you bud?

9. gascrewgunn

gascrewgunn Senior Refuge Member

There is a total of about 2 acres of marsh south of I 10 so that might get crowded. Yahoos abound everywhere.
    Best advice is don't hunt on the weekend, expect to kill birds whose last name is bill (as in spoonbill, bluebill, ringbill) and all will be fine. There is some good grey duck, teal, and woody hunting to be had but it will take a bit of weeping and gnashing of teeth at first. Good luck.

10. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

What in the world do you know about it? You're a goose hunter.

OP, most of the guys I know from that area who really like to kill ducks hunt in Arkansas or Mississippi.