MOLT GEAR GOOSE CALL OPINIONS

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by BADLARRY250, Jun 28, 2017.

1. BADLARRY250

BADLARRY250 Senior Refuge Member

Thinking about getting an MG goose call. Any thoughts or opinions their calls, favorite model and why ?

2. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member

The X Series, Reflex and Rush are ALL Great calls and easy to run. For a Big Goose it's the X Series, Smaller Goose it's the Reflex and the Rush covers all the bases. Get on the MG Facebook site and order one. You won't regret it. Murph.

BADLARRY250 likes this.
  3. TN_Hunter

TN_Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Picked up a Rush last year and like it quite a bit. Used a lot of calls over the years its one of my top picks. don835 helped my decision.

BADLARRY250 likes this.
  4. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

I've not tried every call maker out there bit enough to confidently say this....one company's calls can compete with Grounds Calls for overall sound and that is Molt Gear. Customer service may not quite be where Grounds is at, but call wise they are every bit as good IMO and a heck of a lot easier to tune then Triple Crown gutted calls. Rush is a great all around if you're only looking to buy one.

5. SB

SB Senior Refuge Member

Hi guys, I recently picked up a used X series that came to me out of tune. Can you tell me a good reed length to start out at if I'm looking for a medium pitch.
    Thanks very much, SB.

6. don835

Can you post a picture of the gut set?

7. SB

SB Senior Refuge Member

I'm not able to post a pic don. They are the tan colored broke in guts, when I saw they were off I took them out. Today when I went to put them back in, I got them started then figured I'd ask on here if someone could tell me a good reed length to try. They seem to fit fine.

8. jjseman

jjseman Senior Refuge Member

They sound pretty good over all, I've found mine to be a bitch to tune. Not the loudest calls, but I like the natural sound in them. Ugliest calls/graphics I've ever seen, if that matters to you. *** with the "monster" theme anyway?

9. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

Tried all the different molt gear goose calls,got a ABW Rush and never looked back.

10. don835

OK...I have 3 MG X Series calls. I measured the reed length from tip to wedge and exposed wedge measurement. All 3 were different but sound Great. My favorite reed set had the exposed reed at 19/32" with 1/8" of the reed exposed. The reed has a medium shave and very little space between the tone board and reed...almost flat. If you are close on the tune try the paper clip trick to flatten the reed. Let me know how you turn out. Murph.