MoMarsh dog ramp

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Rangerbob, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

Has anyone used the new MoMarsh dog ramp on a boat. I bought the one from War Eagle last year but it will not fit with my scissor blind. The MoMarsh looks like it has a lot of adjustability but it is a little pricey so I was hoping to get some feed back before I spent the bucks.

Steve

2. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

Don't know about that exact ramp but I have owned a bunch of other brands. So far I've noticed the more adjustments the looser or shakier the ramp.

3. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

I have no experience with that dog ramp but I can speak for the gator trax ramp. It's a simple design that works well for my pup. It was awkward for him the first couple of times but after that it was second nature.

It's well built and solid. I'm all of 175lbs and it held my weight just fine. I'm not planning to use it for myself, but I did have to at least try it once.

Hopefully someone else will chime in about the ramp you're looking at.

4. Fowl-Action

Fowl-Action Senior Refuge Member

I'm interested in this too, I know their brand new but when someone bites the bullet on one report back. Seems like theres defiantly a market for a good dog ladder

5. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

How does your scissor blind work? Mine works with the blind up but I can't use it with the blind stowed.

6. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

Same here. I have a horizontal length of 3/4" conduit that runs along the gunnel that prevents me from flipping the ramp back over into the boat. I am looking at lengthening the chains to make it work if I can't find a different ramp that I like.

Fowler267 likes this.
  7. ira

ira Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Check out our video clips on social media with a search. Our new rampstand has several points of adjustment. It is the only TRUE swim up that I know of.. If it doesn't work for your boat, simply return!

8. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Morning Gents -
    I went through the same thoughts bout' getting something for getting the dog in the boat, be it pontoon or duckboat or blind. I started out trying to retro-fit an old Avery. Kinda worked ok for the pontoon but was a pain to set up and take off.
    [​IMG]
    Then, I happened by a buds home on the lake and noticed this thing on the back of his boat. some kind of a ladder looking thing made out of aluminum.

[​IMG]
    He also had one on his dock. Anyway, Maggie was playing around with one of his kids and they pitched out a ball and the dog jumped off the dock to get it. Im assuming she will go to the bank and come back on the dock. About that time I noticed she is standing beside me with the ball in her mouth. How the heck did she get on the dock. She walked up the ladder on the dock... Light bulb went on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mounts with two alum. brackets pinned in. I bought 2 more sets of brackets(10.00 a pair I think). I mounted one pair on the duckboat and another pair on one of our blinds. The steps are made for people but works great for dogs also. They do make a ramp for the dog thsats a little wider but not near as strong as the people ladder. It is somewhat pricey but well worth it!

Here is the dog ramp model. The costs is around $425.00. Well worth what it does!

[​IMG]

Me, Maggs, & Stuff'........

9. denduke

denduke Senior Refuge Member

Sorry to maybe hyjack this
    Not for all boats and some have aversions to bolting thru transom but here's a dog step up made outa Al boat seat hinges that is about 6" under the water, doesn't hit OB and flips up. Dog learns to use it and you forget about it.
    Had to replace plyboard teal season. Been on there 12 years, 2 dogs...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  10. Dave Adamson

Dave Adamson Refuge Member

This was a little pricey but I've made some changes and it works great. It can be hinged also. Waterdog 0825171703.jpg adventuregear