Momarsh Invisichair

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Cocklebur, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Cocklebur

Cocklebur Senior Refuge Member

For those of you who use them, what are you thoughts? I am looking to improve my cover on public ground, good or bad?

Thanks in advance

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

I have a buddy that has one and likes it. He is able to sit down comfortably in a cluster of bullrush and virtually disappear. This has allowed him to expand his hunting on his property to areas that do not have blinds installed. It is pretty easy to use and the overhead cover, if that is what you are also looking for, is easy to retract and gets the job done.

Our Cabelas recently had one in the Bargain Cave. It was a floor model and it's the end of waterfowl season. It was offered at a significant discount. If you have a Cabelas in Sac or Reno you should check it out.

interceptor likes this.
  3. Cocklebur

Thanks for the input

gadwall52 likes this.
  4. birdhunter007

birdhunter007 Elite Refuge Member

This is a review I posted on Rogers website for them...
    I use mine all the time. I carry them in the boat with me and they make a really easy to set up portable blind. Between my buddies and I we have 4 Invisichairs and one Invisilab.

A lot of the areas I hunt are either flooded willows or marsh grass, with the water depth ranging from 6" to 12" deep. I was looking for concealment options and something to keep my lab out of the water when I ran across the Invisilab online. I purchased one from Rogers and after getting it and actually seeing one for the first time, I decided to pull the trigger and purchase an Invisichair as well. Both appeared to be pretty well made and thought out. I mostly boat hunt ( Not hunting out of the boat, transport only...), so I needed something that would be light weight and not take up a lot of boat space. Both blinds are fairly lightweight and fold pretty flat. I dont think I would want to pack either one very far, so its probably not ideal for walk in hunts. The foot print (folded) of the Invisilab is approx. 20" x 36", the Invisichair is approx. 36' x36".

All the legs are adjustable and there are a few height adjustments on the Invisichair hood to accommodate shorter guys and taller guys. The hood, or top part is bungeed and operates similar to the doors on a layout blind. You push outward on an arm attached the the hoods and it springs open. You can easily adjust the tension of the bungees and how fast it springs back.. There are also a couple of straps to adjust how far you want the hood to spring open. This is a good feature to keep if from springing all the way back if you are actually sitting in water.

The Invisichair has a mesh bag behind the seat to keep extra gear ( coats gloves etc...) and a small bag that attaches to the arm rest that can hold a bottle of water and a zippered bag and shell holder loops for extra shells.

The Invisilab also is well built and height adjustable. It has zippered doors front and back, mesh floor and stubble loops. It folds very flat and takes up little space. I really like the fact that the legs are completely collapsible so I can use it in the field beside my layout blind. I think it will really be nice when the colder weather hits to keep my dog out of the wind and cold.

When I purchased the Invisichair I also purchased a Killer Grass layout blind camo kit in the color Marshgrass.
    I spent a couple of hours adding the Killer grass to both blinds using small zipties.
    Do they work? YEP! They really blend in well with the surrounding areas that I hunt. I can hunt areas that are really hard to hunt as I dont have a boat blind.

The down side with them is that are pretty hard to pack in if you are hunting public and have to hike in.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  5. birdhunter007

birdhunter007 Elite Refuge Member

6. knees

knees Elite Refuge Member

We got several of them this year and they worked really well. We did cut out 1" x 6" slots in the mesh to see the birds better. Like anything, they're a little cumbersome at first but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. They're well built & I would recommend them.

7. calling4life

calling4life Elite Refuge Member

I've used one for several years now, I've even hunted out of it by setting it up in the middle of my 15' jon boat, the chair is comfortable...
    I don't hunt areas with many birds at all, I also don't hunt the x, so I have to be able to see birds as soon as possible to get on the call, this thing sucks for that. So, I actually set the straps up so I'm essentially partly out the door, it's easy to duck back to work birds close, easy to lean forward and be out where I can see a lot better, and even makes shooting easier.
    I bring a machete, I use the somewhat nearby vegetation to cover it, I can angle the vegetation to cover things perfectly well even with my oddball way of running it.

They work, I've had a couple things tear on mine and I don't treat it rough, but she's still functional.

8. QuackAttack2

QuackAttack2 Elite Refuge Member

9. Cocklebur

Thanks again everyone, good intel on the blind.

10. Jason Zerrer

Jason Zerrer Senior Refuge Member

I think the invisiman is a little better mousetrap for same scenarios. More comfortable than laying down, much lower profile and easier to shoot out of imo. Had both and ended up selling the chairs.