Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

More birds arriving soon

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Avian Thunder II, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Jay

Jay Elite Refuge Member

Its been about the same all year, 4 - 6 ducks a day, no big shoots yet , still shooting alot of teal. shot 4 GWs yesterday

goose hunting has been really slow, I think its gonna be slow until we get some nasty weather

2. fowledup

fowledup Refuge Member

Which is usually two days after the season closes.

3. Avian Thunder II

Avian Thunder II Elite Refuge Member

fp, Spag, GB, and all:
    My first prediction, regarding the arrival of substantial numbers of ducks over the past week, was based on one part (migration chronology data) of the three-part data-set the biologists use to establish duck season dates. My next prediction (this one) uses another of the three pieces of data: AVERAGE Freeze-up dates. Ya'll had better hunt hard for the next 10-12 days cause the sheet water, and shallow marshes will soon be hard water. Some will benefit as the remaining ducks get concentrated; however, overall, there will be fewer ducks to hunt in northern and central Illinois. Don't be surprised if there is an early hard freeze for 2-3 days around Dec. 18-20 that moves lots of the ducks at Rend and Caryle to more southern latitudes (beyond Cairo). Say it ain't so................please? Otherwise, the time is now! Enjoy

4. Avian Thunder II

Avian Thunder II Elite Refuge Member

Yo Dudes,
    Remember that prediction for hard water during Dec. 18-20?
    How bout that; here it is Dec. 20 and most of the water is sealed.
    If you can find open water, and there is more about than most imagine, you can harvest some beautiful, big, red-leg Mallards. Too bad it is all over for the Central Zone tomorrow. Time to start pushing the grey birds hard. Merry Xmas, and a safe holiday to all. AT

5. Spag

Spag Senior Refuge Member

It's Xmas morning and we're (Xtreme So. Ill) STILL hunting the same 50,000 mallards we shot at on opening day. We need some fresh meat! How about a prediction so I'll know when load up the artillery and get out there.:)

6. duckhead00

duckhead00 Guest

lets all just go out and enjoy a hunt.. i think most of you just want to kill..

7. discusdad

discusdad Elite Refuge Member

it ain't illinois, now its montana, and glad of it
    i've done enuff picnicing with guns already this year. its past time for total carnage. enjoy your sunrises, i want to kill somethng....

8. buckduck

buckduck Elite Refuge Member

I haven`t fire a shot the last four trips.I have to admit it does take the edge off the fun. I`m not a meat hog but is is nice to down something once in a while.

9. ringedneck

ringedneck Senior Refuge Member

Yeah what they all said...:D :l

10. 1GRN_HD

1GRN_HD Elite Refuge Member

We're still waiting down here. :l