More bow lift?

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Tide14, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Almost all of you are misreading the problem; he is trying to LIFT the bow. His problem isn't that the bow is too light.
    Pods will make it worse.
    Tabs will make it worse.
    Moving weight to the nose will make it worse.
    Providing you have the fuel tank and battery already at the stern, trimming the motor back/out is the only thing that will help.
    Console or tiller????

2. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

Im pretty sure he said he was BOUNCING when he trimmed the bow up and it was bad so he couldn't lift any more...which is another term for porposing..... so the combat the porposing, Id suggest adding weight to the bow... so the boat doesn't rock.... then WITHOUT porposing...he can lift the bow to get more of the hull out of the water....and he'll gains some speed....

you can lift the bow even though puts more weight in it.... pods ( mis installed pods) and tabs will hurt his plans.....I added DYNAMIC flotation pods to my hull, so I could retract them, so I COULD RAISE the bow at speed.....mine are adjusted via Electric Lenco trim actuators.

Attached Files:

freefall likes this.
  3. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

That set up is pimp! I'm stealing that idea.

4. SeaArk20

SeaArk20 Refuge Member

5. calling4life

calling4life Elite Refuge Member

If I remember correctly, a cleaver style prop is generally transom lifting, a chopper style prop is bow lifting, so looking into a chopper style prop may be another good step. Porpoising, how about a variety of whaletail on the motor, or, if I read this right, you have a jackplate, depending upon how high you go, a compression plate, like a boatright, trans sports boats, manta ray, etc...

6. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

actually its horrible out of a 4 ft hull, but who wants to go fast in a 4 ft hull?

I make joke!.....

bad bob

stevena198301 likes this.
  7. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

Well sure it is ! Do you know how hard it is to control a 4ft hull.

8. Tide14

Tide14 New Member

Did some research on props and motor setup. Do you guys think a mercury chopper prop would help lift the bow and make more speed?

9. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

IF your problem is that you CAN lift the bow with trim but THEN it causes porpoising, then move your fuel tank and battery to the bow....then you can trim up.

10. Tide14

Tide14 New Member

No the problem is I cannot lift the bow. I can trim the motor all the way up until the prop blows out but the boat will not lift the bow. The motor had plenty of power as it jumps out of the hole but once in plane it run flat on the water. I’ll see if I can post a video to show it.