More bow lift?

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Tide14, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Tide14

Tide14 New Member

Poor quality but.....

Attached Files:

2. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

you wrote:The jackplate is at it lowest setting because the boat wants to porpoise and will only allow me to trim up a very small amount or none at all if I raise the jackplate.
    so your jack plate is only useful at slow speed... try...... putting weight up front and then when you raise the jack plate see if it cured the porpoising.... then if it did you might be able to try and trim the motor at speed....which should lift the bow.....but it looks like your boat has a LOT OF ROCKER......which would prevent what you want to acheive

3. Tide14

Tide14 New Member

Alright. I appreciate the tips guys. I’ll try moving the fuel tank towards the front and see if that helps. It will be a few days before I get to run it again but I’ll be sure to post when I get to test it.

4. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

That's what I thought you meant. See post #11.

5. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

The boat looks like it's running good to me in that pic.

That hull, you may not be able to get much, if any lift.

JP likes this.
  6. Long Shot

Long Shot Senior Refuge Member

On that boat & motor set up that is how I would want to run.
    Bow up you are going nowhere & wasting gas. Most boats run bow up until they get on plane, once they get on plane & with trim adjustment they level out. I think you are trying to achieve the impossible, for sure a bow up situation will not give you
    more speed. That angle ( bow up) is called plowing, you are pushing water not riding on top of it.

JP likes this.
  7. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

The lift he is seeking is a very common attribute to many hull/prop combinations. It's not "bow up plowing". It's freeing the forward portion of the hull from the water. Mostly attained by a mix of hull design and prop design. Can't tell from the pic, but i'd guess that hull channels zero air under itself.

I would also consider a stock Vengeance to be a poor lifting prop...from the few i've ran. Fast prop, but couldn't handle a load for crap, little too much slip.

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I'm still trying to figure out why almost 40 MPH in a 14 footer is too slow. :scratch

Best, easiest, quickest, cheapest thing you can do is move your weight around until you get all you can out of it. If you still aren't happy, start spending money, or go buy you the speed-boat you are actually looking for.

JP and Phytoplankton like this.