More complaints (constructive criticism)

Discussion in 'Help & Tech Support Forum' started by TheDuckSlayer, Jun 21, 2017.

1. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

As stupid as the "home page" is, I am slowly but surely getting in the habit of selecting the forum list from the drop down menu. So although I still accidentally go to the home page at least once per day, I am making progress. I have two more issues with current format:

1. The log-in button. It used to be a big button on the right hand side of the page on the same bar as the "Home>Forums>The Duck Hunters Forum" stuff... it was convenient, fast, and easy to see. During the same "update" that created the "home page," the log-in button was relocated to the very top right of page, tremendously downsized, and placed directly over the "Sponsors" button. This is how it appears on my device. It is very difficult to click on the log-in button without accidentally clicking the sponsors button, which happens to me about half the time- very aggravating. I have a feeling that this change was not unintentional (in order to generate more "sponsor" clicks, even if by accident), but myself and others would be greatly appreciative if the log-in button was reverted to the way it used to be.

2. The forced redirects. I know it has been stated that these are not a fault of the site, but I have to disagree. I visit many other forums and websites, and this is the only website where I get those very annoying forced redirects, which always inform me that I've won a $1000 gift card or some similar nonsense. It happens to me multiple times a day, and always only this site. I'm not a computer guy, but I beg of you, please do whatever you need to do to get these forced redirects under control.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

TDS

2. TheDuckSlayer

IMG_0256.PNG

Look at the top right. As you can see, it is difficult to log in without clicking the sponsors button. The log-in button used to be where the "Alerts" button appears on the page. This set up was much better.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

upload_2017-6-21_22-15-22.png

upload_2017-6-21_22-16-46.png

A lot depends on your display settings. The first screens shot is at 125%. The second is at 80%. It has nothing to do with the website layout.

4. TheDuckSlayer

I disagree. I use a mobile device exclusively. The old format was very mobile-friendly (once the side bar ads were disposed of). The new format is very mobile-unfriendly. Whether the new format's tendency to direct the mobile-viewer towards sponsor content is a coincidence or not, I'll never know.. But the fact is, the new format is more difficult to use from a mobile device.

5. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

There is a mobile version available. Log in, scroll to the bottom of the screen and you should see "Refuge Forums - Mobile" and select that. I use the Default Style. See if that works for you.

6. TheDuckSlayer

Not seeing it? This is what the bottom of my screen looks like

IMG_0260.PNG

I could already be on the mobile version for all I know. I'm not good with computers or software

7. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

@TheDuckSlayer

On the home page, scroll to the bottom. Bottom left you should see "mobile." Click on that link. See if that works for you.

mobile.PNG