Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

More firearm bans for you

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Damian Wiening, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

2. wildfowl4444

wildfowl4444 Elite Refuge Member

http://www.gunssavelife.com/red-ale...committee-take-action-now-witness-slips/
    *********************************************************************************************************
    RED ALERT! Gun bans, mag bans, armor bans in committee. Take Action NOW on WITNESS SLIPS!

February 27, 2018
    Alert
    From our friends at Illinois Carry (from multiple threads).

House Amendment 1 to HB1465

Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that on or after the effective date of the bill, it is unlawful for any person within the State to knowingly deliver or sell, or cause to be delivered or sold, an assault weapon, assault weapon attachment, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge to, any person under 21 years of age. Makes it unlawful for any person under 21 years of age to knowingly possess an assault weapon, assault weapon attachment, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge 90 days after the effective date of the bill. Provides exemptions and penalties. Provides that it is unlawful for any person within the State to knowingly deliver or sell, or cause to be delivered or sold, a large capacity ammunition feeding device to a person under 21 years of age. Provides that it is unlawful for any person under 21 years of age to possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device within the State. Provides exemptions and penalties. Effective immediately.

House Amendment 1 to HB1467

Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Prohibits 90 days after the effective date of the bill, the knowing sale, manufacture, purchase, possession, or carrying of a bump stock or trigger crank. Defines "bump stock" and "trigger crank". Establishes penalties. Effective immediately.

House Amendment 1 to HB1468

Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Defines "assault weapon". Provides that a person commits the offense of unlawful sale or delivery of firearms when he or she knowingly delivers any assault weapon without withholding delivery of the assault weapon for at least 72 hours, including to a nonresident of the State while at a firearm showing or display recognized by the Department of State Police. Provides that a violation is a Class 4 felony. Effective immediately.

House Amendment 1 to HB1469

Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Prohibits the delivery, sale, purchase, or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Provides exemptions and penalties. Defines "large capacity ammunition feeding device" as: (1) a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition; or (2) any combination of parts from which a device described in item (1) can be assembled. Provides that a person commits unlawful use of body armor when he or she knowingly sells, transfers, purchases, possesses, or wears body armor. Provides that a violation is a Class A misdemeanor for a first offense and a Class 4 felony for a second or subsequent offense. Provides that a person commits unlawful use of body armor when he or she knowingly wears body armor and is in possession of a dangerous weapon, other than a firearm, in the commission or attempted commission of any offense. Provides that a first violation is a Class 4 felony and a second or subsequent violation is a Class 3 felony. Provides that the new prohibitions take effect 90 days after the effective date of the amendatory Act. Effective immediately.

Emergency Call to Action
    Witness Slips Needed

Witness Slip Instructions

Please file witness slips opposing Amendment 1 on each of these bill immediately:

In order to avoid completing each field manually, Log on to your ILGA Dashboard or Create a New Account if you haven't already created one, then return to this email and click on the links for each witness slip. If you do not wish to create an account, simply click on each witness slip link and complete the required fields manually:

I, IDENTIFICATION: Enter your personal information. Enter "NA" for the Firm/Business or Agency and Title fields unless you are officially representing an organization.

II. REPRESENTATION: Enter "Myself" unless representing an organization.

III. POSITION: Unless instructed otherwise for a particular bill leave the description field at its default value "Original Bill". Indicate your position by selecting the "Proponent" or "Opponent" radio button.

IV. TESTIMONY: Select the "Record of Appearance Only" radio button.

If filing manually, complete the Captcha challenge and agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement.

Then click Create Slip.

Oppose

HFA 1 to HB1465 Assault Weapons – OPPOSE
    HFA 1 to HB1467 Bump Stock Ban – OPPOSE
    HFA1 to HB1468 Assault Weapons – OPPOSE
    HFA1 to HB1469 Magazine Ban – OPPOSE

Witness slips can be tracked here:
    HFA 1 to HB1465 Assault Weapon Ban – OPPOSE
    HFA 1 to HB1467 Bump Stock Ban – OPPOSE
    HFA1 to HB1468 Assault Weapons – OPPOSE
    HFA1 to HB1469 Magazine Ban – OPPOSE

THEIRCOMMITED10 likes this.
  3. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

Bump for the soon to be non-gun owners.

4. DarrenDuck

DarrenDuck Senior Refuge Member

OK, but what if I am for banning assault weapons, bump stocks, high-capacity mags and body armor. I don't have any of those, don't ever plan to. I have 12-gauge pump shotguns. I really don't think I have to worry about those!

5. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

What worries me is I hear way to often, is something along the lines of "well, it's a step in the right direction " or " we've got to start somewhere ".

So, a direction towards what, banning my "evil" 11-87, my 22 caliber "assault" squirrel guns ? I'm not a gun nut, but I'd hate to give up something, whether I own one or not.

THEIRCOMMITED10 likes this.
  6. DarrenDuck

But how are you giving something up if i never owned it - or never will????

Extrapolating the argument from AR-15, 30 rounds, and body armor - to a hunting rifle is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? If they ban shotguns, I am sure many more people would be against that. Look at what Dick's Sporting Goods did - no more ARs or high-cap clips. They probably won't lose business because most hunters (not to mention most people) don't use them.

I would love to try out a grenade launcher - but I can't. OK - too bad for me. I can live with that restriction.

7. THEIRCOMMITED10

THEIRCOMMITED10 |Moderator Fishing|Call Sponsor| Sponsor Moderator

8. DarrenDuck

But we are not Nazi Germany, USSR, etc. Not the same county, not the same time. Just doesn't compare. We have it in our constitution.

And you really think our government could confiscate over 300 million firearms in the US. Not going to happen.

9. DarrenDuck

A better comparison is banning fully automatic machine guns in 1936. Did that lead to banning my shotgun? No.

Again - the are restrictions on certain guns. If you want to have a machine gun - you can go through the Federal process to get one. I don't.

10. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

But times have changed.
    I dont necessarily "sugar coat" things, but I DO believe that we are in a day and age where we are at, or near the point, where we ( this hurts to say ) say words like "harvest" when killing an animal and damn sure believe we have lots more people wanting to take away just not a few guns, but ALL OF THEM. "Snowflakes" I think they call these people. Something looks bad, ban it ! I dont agree with ______, ban it.
    We are at an age where offending someone is taboo, whether its a joke, how they were born, whatever.
    I seen an article where a school, or maybe the whole district, near Marion IL. is banning or wanting to ban (and other states, too) back packs at school because these COULD hold firearms. Kids are being told they can carry their school supplies in "mesh type laundry bags"....what the frontdoor is that ?!

Again, I hear way to often, "Nobody NEEDS a gun except the military and the police".
    There are people out there that believe that. Will a total confiscation happen in our lifetimes, no, I dont believe so. In the future, though ? I wouldnt doubt it.
    Who's that bitch out in California that ( I know, you cant believe everything you read and only half of what you see) I read that said shotguns with pistol grips, are painted black and some other thing should be banned due to their appearance (scary looking)...Nancy Pelosi, I think ( or something along those lines).

Who's to say what a "hi capacity mag" is ?...someone familiar with guns or some politician from the inner city ?
    Will an extension tube for Spring snow geese fall under a "hi capacity mag" law ? Sounds petty, but I COULD take that same snow goose gun to a bank, school and so on to wipe out some folks, couldnt I ? Better ban em.

How many people would be effected by a more severe ban/ confiscation etc ?,,,,those that make gun powder, the primers, the box the shells come in, gun manufacturers and people like me who need gun owners 6 months out of the year at our jobs ? I dont know about them, but Hell, I NEED guns or I'm out of a job if people cant hunt.

I've got buddies that have full size diesel trucks with 6" lifts and 36 inch tires....does anyone, other than a farmer or hunting guide NEED such a truck?....no. They look scary and evil and will do untold damage to a small car if theres an accident......ban em !
    Do we NEED cars to go over 70mph ?.....no.
    Somewhat "apples to oranges", I know, but is it really that much different to compare what I think is scary or unneccessary for someone else to own ?

Will I be effected by a ban on AR's, no.....but you might....or your mom, your buddy, your hunting partner.
    As a gun owner, I like to think we all have something in common and like I said, in this day and age, people are out there that want em allllll taken away.

California folks can no longer order shells on-line, among a few other laws I've read about. Why? It serves what purpose ?
    Can't IL. be next for some b.s. law like that ?

I also hate the "if only one child is saved from a gun accident, then its worth it"....what about swimming pools, this damn Tide Pod craze and so on ? We are gonna ban everything for our own good ( and if you're stupid enough to eat a Tide Pod, and your'e over the age of 3, you freakin deserve to puke your guts out).

I dont wear a tin-foil hat, I dont believe in conspiracies and dont consider myself paranoid but I am worried enough about my time left on this earth, and my kids, that it'll be harder to hunt and own a gun in the future.

Hopefully I got my point across and what I said made a bit of sense. I had a dentist appointment today for a filling, it took three shots to numb me, and I'm coming down off my high of stuff she injected me wiff.