Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

More firearm bans for you

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Damian Wiening, Feb 27, 2018.

1. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Until the AR is banned and the school shooter realizes that he can send a load of #4 buck down range equivalent to 1.3 mags of Ar rounds with each trigger pull. Then it will be those evil shotguns... In reality, neither ban will make an ounce of difference except to give the gun grabbers a small victory to wave until their next attack... fact.

ixkaped2 likes this.
  2. 3inch3's

Besides if ti was really about saving those kids lives, we would have already activated the software in phones that doesn't allow incoming or outgoing text or internet access when the phone is moving over 10 miles an hour. That would save moe lives in 2 days than than any ban would have saved in the FL shooting..... fact.

3. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

Good stuff 3inc and IlMudduk. Darrenduck - I haven't shopped at Dick's in a lot of years. Never have liked their firearms policy, pricing levels. I buy all my hunting needs at a local mom and pop store. If they don't have it they will get it. Usually at same or better price w/ no shipping.

4. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

If you have not read what is going on in the United States as to what some states have banned and what some are purposing to ban then you have no idea that they are really coming after your shotgun and hunting rifle (Sniper rifle), the Bill of Rights is not about what you are okay with or what big government is okay with, it is about what Rights we are born with and what cannot be trampled on by them or you.

You should look into history then about us not being (NOT) anything, we have groups of people marching in the streets today too shout down and shut down speech all the while claiming to be anti-fascist while copying what the nazi party did in their early days. The different times only means that a different generation will be subjected to the horrors their idea of utopia as seen in real time in Venezuela right now.

Confiscate 300+ million firearms no, attempt to yes and it is about even the attempt that is a problem, history shows us what will happen when certain events occur and mindlessly many just go along thinking it will be different this time because I want or believe it will, as the old lady in the commercial says, That's now how it works, that's not how any of this works.

You hunting has nothing to do with the second amendment, there is nothing about hunting anywhere in the Bill of Rights but you know that too right ??

What happens when a group of people decides it's OK to arrest and jail you with no trial all because they are FOR it.

DuckyPhe likes this.
  5. DarrenDuck

DarrenDuck Senior Refuge Member

Let's get back to the original issue.

If a bump stock makes it function like a auto/machine gun, and machine guns are illegal, then make bump stocks illegal. What is so hard about that.

30 round clips? All the animals I hunt only allow me to use three shots (I don't snow goose hunt).

I need body armor for what again???

Sorry, I know you all are passionate about your beliefs and I appreciate that - but I am just not buying the talk about they are coming for my pump shot gun. Fact! ;<)

BTW - I got my two turkey permits!

6. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

I am unsure as to bump stocks...I know nothing about them so cant validate a reply.
    The same thing with "clips" or magazines. How much can one hold, one of the "big" ones?...no idea.

I do believe that one step "in the right direction" will lead to more. Like I said above, I to often hear that "its one step" forward.....its the "forward" or "right direction" that gets me nervous.

Body armor ? Do we "need" it ? I would say no but, whats it hurting to have it since its not a weapon, poison, haz mat material, etc.....again, whos to say I cant have an inanimate object such as one ?

As for coming after our pump shotguns, probably not unless they want it to hold no more than 3 or 5 rounds ( no long tubes for extra shells ). My semi auto shotguns I am somewhat worried about, as this has been mentioned by many people ( unless its those that can only mentally think of ALL semi autos as "bad" and thus like machine guns or simple rifles ). Heck, even our former Vice Pres said all we need are double barrels and single shots ( maybe pump guns, I dont recall ).

This still leads me back to banning something that I dont think is to blame, all under the premis that we dont "NEED" it....for example, and something that will hit close to home for some of you :
    Alcohol.
    Do we "NEED" it ?
    No one, IHO, needs it. We have water, iced tea, hot tea, coffee, milk and the most important drink of all, Mtn. Dew (which could lead to another example...do we need soda, making us all fat ? )

Why, when thousands of people are killed each year due to alcohol ( not alcohol, but the people who drink it....see? blame the item, not the person ), and countless dollars of property damaged by alcohol ( guard rails, signs, Aunt Millie's garden, buildings and so on due to accidents by drunk drivers ) due we let people drink ? It serves no purpose.

I myself did some dumb sheeet while drunk, particularly before I was 21, and am thankful those days are behind me.

I've already had one can of beer this year.....I may not have another 5 ( a six pack per year ) by Dec 31. Should we ban what I dont use, just because I dont use it and it can cause unneccessary deaths ?
    How many would be effected by such a ban i.e. brewers, bar maids, waitresses, delivery drivers, factories that make the bottles / cans, the box's the beer comes in, taverns, responsible drinkers and on and on and on ? I dont use it, so ban it ?

Blame the irrisponsible users, not the product. You already have to be of certain age for both drinking and owning/buying guns & ammo, plus have the background checks for the guns.

What do we do about 18 yr olds, 32 yr olds, and so on shooting places up ? I honestly dont know. Some people just snap. What causes it and how do we stop it, I dont know, but wish I did, to protect those lives taken and to protect my rights, your rights, and my kids rights in ref. to firearm ownership.

7. Damian Wiening

Damian Wiening Elite Refuge Member

FYI, bump stocks do nothing more than allow you to fire as fast as the firearms action allows and NO faster, please understand that point, it does not make it go any faster.

It may sound to you like a machine gun but it is not a machine gun, cars today will kill more people than all long guns, do loud mufflers make a car a race car or just a noisy pain in ear or now perhaps a roving soon to be mass killer.

Rights, make a choice on what you believe they are and choose carefully, your choices will forever effect your state and nation.

A hard freedom is better than a easy slavery, that's if you could ever find a slave that said it was easy.

8. oldman1949

oldman1949 Elite Refuge Member

You have no idea how close it came to banning "my shotgun" .
    A machine gun is defined as :
    "(b)Machinegun
    The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."
    Had the word MANUAL not been added to the original description the Model 12 and Model 97 Winchester , among others , would have been considered "machine guns" .

ixkaped2 likes this.
  9. 3inch3's

I get it, it doesn't affect you so its OK to limit other peoples rights....... With that argument, we can cure the world of all kinds of ills. I can fix skybusting by limiting waterfowlers to single shot only. Why do you need more than one shot??? Let's ban certain shot sizes, say anything over 3s, so people won't be tempted to skybust. I mean afterall, I don't need anything bigger because I use 3s or smaller for my shooting.

Mudduk brings up a good point about alcohol. Beer is probably the beverage of choice for most of those in DUI crashes that end in mass causalities so lets ban beer. IF we decide to keep it, no one needs a 24 pack, lets just sell it as singles with a limit of 2/hr to ensure you can't get drunk and drive.... sounds stupid , right?

This isn't about saving lives, it is strictly about control. No amount of new laws will prevent a criminal from committing a crime. No restrictions will ever eliminate the issue (see prohibition) but just create a black market where the people that abide by the law are at a disadvantage to those who don't.

The best way I can explain it is, is it isn't about need it is about a right. My right to defend myself and family against whom ever may wish to do me harm up to and including our government. When asked why I need a 30 round mag or an AR, my reply is "I don't know what the bad guy is bringing to the table....." Its all about being prepared for something I hope to never have happen kinda like homeowners insurance against a fire....

10. Brad's Birds

Brad's Birds Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Unfortunately, there is going to be another shooting incident involving "soft" targets. I would bet the next guy already has the guns, magazines and ammo. None of the proposed banning "solutions" is going to stop him, period. He's armed, deranged and planning. As always, the anger and focus is directed toward scary gun parts instead of the deranged person that used them on innocent people. And as always, little to no focus on efforts to actually protect those that the next shooter will encounter. We need to stop the next guy from killing school kids and talking about waiting periods, vertical grips, collapsible stocks, etc... isn't going to do a bit of good. He has to be scared to even attempt entering that building and prevented from doing harm if/when he does get in.