Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

More firearm bans for you

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Damian Wiening, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Jon C

Jon C Elite Refuge Member

Well said..

2. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

So, let's give you your argument. Ban all of the things that don't apply to you. Then what?
    Crime still doesn't go down, another horrific act is committed, the Southside of Chicago breaks a new all time murder record. Do you think the Madiganites will say "well, we've already tried all the gun stuff, maybe we should ban something else."

No - they will be back, and this time it will be for you.

I have had the pleasure of hunting several times in the UK (a highly civilized and forward thinking county - and one of our staunchest allies). Over the last 40 years they have placed these restrictions on firearms

1 - require a Firearms Certificate (FOID on steroids) that specifies what individual rifles you may own based on need. Also specify how many rounds and of what type ammo you may possess again based on need. If you lose you lease, you may lose your approval. Don't shoot enough deer last year, your ammo allowance is cut.
    2 -require a Shotgun Certificate ( similar to above) to posses a shotgun. All shotguns must be permanently altered to hold no more than 2 rounds. Local Firearms Enforcement Office must approve make and model of shotgun, and rarely will they approve pump or semi-auto.
    3 - Firearms Enforcement Office must come out and approve the land on which you shoot. Too flat, or to close to houses and you may only be approved for a .410 or rim fire rifle.
    4 - original FAC or SG application requires references, Doctor reference/clearance, and proof of employment.
    5 - someone confronts you, even on your own property and you defend yourself - that's grounds for revocation of FAC/SGC due to your violent nature.

And - now Scotland has decided that may not be enough, so they are planning on licensing ALL air guns and spring powered rifles (BB guns) to prevent their possible criminal misuse.

But, please, we know that none of that would happen in IL. After all, it's not like they require a Firearms certificate to purchase or possess guns and ammo.

Damian Wiening and Il. MudDuk like this.
  3. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

GEEZ, and I thought registering for H.I.P. was bad.
    Was it a couple years ago that the U.N. wanted to step in and tell the USA what and how to let us have and keep certain guns?

Even our former vice President said that all we needed were double barrel shotguns. Remember how he told his wife that if burglars were attempting entry into their home for her to go out and fire "two blasts" into the air to scare em off? Easy to say when you have lifetime privileges of Secret Service officers with you 24/7.

4. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

Even Michelle Obama was quoted as saying as they were driving across Iow on their way to a fund raiser " wow, if I lived out here I would own a gun also". Democratic creed is to get everyone to live in as close a quarters as possible so they can control them. Independents scare the he!! out of them !!!!!

5. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Good news. My reply from Senator Duckworth says she supports the 2nd amendment......................................but we still need "common sense" gun laws. Funny, she didn't say what "common sense" meant :rolleyes::no:reader

6. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

You know, common sense! For example - you only hunt pheasants and shoot trap, therefore you only need a 12 gauge 2 3/4" chamber and shells with 5, 6, 7 1/2 shot. Limit on pheasants is 2 so you only need 2 shots, therefore no need for a pump or semi-auto.

stevena198301 and Il. MudDuk like this.
  7. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

MudDuk - That's the main problem anymore. They or anyone else that spouts that BS doesn't have a clue. There are two versions of the 2nd amendment. The Democrats and the Republicans. The Dems believe the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" does not belong to the "People". The say it belongs to the "Militia" which they interpret as being law enforcement and the National Guard. I have accosted a couple of Dems in town hall meetings and they change the subject quick or won't give a straight answer. I kept insisting one time a couple of years ago at a town hall meeting and thought I was going to get thrown out. The candidate got real defensive. The groans from the crowd and the raised heads showed me most people don't know the problem. It is real easy for a candidate to say they support the 2nd amendment. All gun owners need to insist which version any candidate supports !!!!

Jon C likes this.
  8. wildfowl4444

wildfowl4444 Elite Refuge Member

For the life of me I have read and re-read the 2nd Amendment and it still cannot see where it says anything about hunting