More heinous acts of war.

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Mrs. Quacker Attacker, May 11, 2004.

1. timberwing

timberwing Senior Refuge Member

A dog gets put to sleep when it kills a person, Terroists just have underwear put on there head.

2. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Moderator

I notice there are "civilian contractors" involved too but they are not being pursued to fast. civilian contractors= CIA spooks.

The partisan politics is the part I REALLY find offensive at the hearings.

3. win4win

win4win Elite Refuge Member

So should we hold our military up to standards on a sliding scale based on our opposition?

I prefer we ALWAYS hold our military to the highest standards. I see lowering our standards as an unacceptable compromise.....so does my father and grandfather.

4. JT02

JT02 Refuge Member

You apparently missed the point of my post. Excuse me for shouting but WE ARE EXPECTING BETTER OF OUR MILITARY. That is why there are criminal prosecutions under way as we speak. We HAVE behaved better. We have minimized civilian casulties to an uprecedented level in warfare. THE POINT IS...

Our troops receive NO credit for these facts. Only blanket condemnation based on the actions of a few. Actions that pale in comparison to the atrocities perpetrated against us and our allies.

Why should there be outrage when terrorists act like terrorists? Do I really have to answer this question for you? How about this. These terrorists are thinking, feeling human beings who have made despicable moral choices to commit acts even worse than those made by the Iraqi prison abusers. They aren't dogs acting according to nature. You cannot excuse them with such warped thinking. The world, Muslims included, should be demanding justice rather than providing excuses for their deeds. As long as they can find political sympathy and excusers of their deeds thay have accomplished their purpose.

5. win4win

win4win Elite Refuge Member

Our soldiers get no praise for doing their jobs correctly and you have a problem with that? That is what they are supposed to do. Once again you are making comparisons between apples and oranges. You are niave if you think you can get away with holding terrorists to the same standards as our soldiers. It isnt an excuse for their behavior but it is a reality. They wont be getting any sympathy from me. I agree there should be a demand for justice but dont expect outrage.

6. JT02

JT02 Refuge Member

Really an amazing reply win. I'm naive you say? Ok whatever. I never thought standards of justice were something we had to try to "get away with." I thought it was the villians that were trying to get away with something. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

In a way though you are right. I am comparing apples and oranges. Both are fruits but one is a citrus the other isn't right? Both the prison abuse and the terrorist acts are crimes but one is more heinous than the other right? I just didn't realize that assault and humiliation was worse than sadistic torture and murder. Thanks again for clearing that up for me.:rolleyes:

7. MindTrikCallr

MindTrikCallr Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

You are right that the Geneva conventions are to be upheld no matter what theatre we are in. They are set to hold us apart from our enemy. However...the Geneva Conventions do NOT say that we HAVE to take prisoners...:cool: They do not deserve dimplomacy or protection for procedures and laws they dont even care about.

Again..if you have not served...dont presume that you understand what goes thru the minds of someone who is getting shot at in war. When you are at war, you do not stay in the same bunny bunny fru fru frame of mind that you do sitting in a rocking chair with your newborn. You HAVE to get into survival mode...KILL OR BE KILLED...plain and simple...either you KILL to defend you and your peers or YOU WILL NOT BE GOING HOME...this isnt frat night in the college dorms, its survival and getting a job done.

8. BullSprig11

BullSprig11 Elite Refuge Member

Well....Yes I do and so should you ....Because they are terrorists it becomes acceptable....Are we supposed to tolerate it, be passive... I don't think so...There should be outrage, anger, frustration when these types of atrocities take place...You have more tolerance for the terrorists than you have for your own countrymen....Maybe you should move to Iraq...You might like it better over there..

9. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

No ****? Been plain as the nose on everyone's face (for some folks) since day one. EXACTLY how strategem is taught everywhere for combatting terrorist insurgency on a global scale.:)

Actually, it was '93 and I'd say 1000+ skinnies KIA vs 18 total SOCOM soldiers was not really an '*** kicking'...'cept for the skinnies. That's another debate, and I did get your point and am not taking issue with you, just thought I'd straighten that out, as it means something to me.

Win4Win,

You should probably take your little human interest debate regarding prisoner humiliation in Iraq somewhere else....like somewhere someone gives a **** what the crap we do to terrorist POW's anymore...wherever that might be. You keep on with that, while the rest of us discuss the issues revolving around something a little more important than bad behavior and a little humiliation, LIKE THE AMERICAN CITIZEN WHO JUST GOT DECAPITATED. This brutality by these terrorists and the video they made of it just totally shot themselves in the foot as far as worldwide sympathy will go, or at least it should. THAT aspect is ALL the Arab world really cares about in the whole thing anyway. These dopes just stole their sympathy card that they were cashing in worldwide against the U.S. Don't hold your breath for the media to show you any of the resultant consequences of this, but bet the farm there will be some, whether we see it or not.:rolleyes:

10. KrzyKjun

KrzyKjun Elite Refuge Member<br>In Memory<br>03/17/63 - 01/

Look folks, it all boils down to this....as long as we have to play by the rules and they dont, we will never win. I remember reading somewhere that back in the late 60's or early 70's when hijacking planes was the shi-shi thing to do :rolleyes: a group of terrorists hijacked an Israeli airline.

When they landed they made demands to let some of their prisoners in Israel go. What they got was a canvas bag filled with assorted body parts of each hijackers family members along with a promise of more parts every couple of hours until they surrendered. They did and no Israeli airline was ever hijacked again.

My point is, there comes a time when we have to debase ourselves and come down to their level because that is the only thing they will understand. If they realize that every time they do and atrocity towards american citizens, they and their families will be hunted down, killed, cut up, and stuffed inside a pig before being hung from the city walls, maybe they will think twice before doing it.

I know it sounds barbaric but sometimes doing a Conan is the only option especially if it means saving U.S. lives.