Morning VS Afternoon

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by chesapeake honker, Nov 17, 2012.

1. chesapeake honker

chesapeake honker Elite Refuge Member

Got to thinking today about past hunts over the years and was curious on whats ya'lls take .. If you had the chance , would you pick a morning hunt or head out in the afternoon?

Personally, i would much rather have a morning hunt. between 7-9am

Lets say you:

2. 2eagles

2eagles Elite Refuge Member

I like afternoon hunts the most. I see more deer then and it's easier to know when to quit. When it's too dark to shoot, go home.

But!! I'd much rather shoot a deer in the morning. Go drink a cup of coffee after the shot. Go back later to track your deer. No flashlights needed. Get the deer home and skinned without staying up till midnight.

I shot a doe this year on an afternoon hunt that I couldn't find that night. So I went back the next morning to find it. By 11:30 AM I found my deer, but so had other varmints. She was not fit to take home. I feel like crap about this, but like several people have told me, "The varmints have to eat too".

Bottom line is ....... I hunt both the mornings and afternoons.

3. MuddyPiney

MuddyPiney Elite Refuge Member

All the buck's i've killed have been in the mornin. A few here in south jersey with a bow and a few in NY with a rifle. I can't even remember the last time i've seen a buck in the afternoon. I personally like the mornin better (obviously lol) but i'll sit any afternoon i get a chance.

Alot of it depends on the spot your huntin. Food, bedding, travel, pressure etc.