Mossberg Silver issue

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Duckhunter7, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Duckhunter7

Duckhunter7 Senior Refuge Member

Guys,
    My son is 12. He has been shooting a Mossberg Mini which he is beginning to outgrow. My buddy has a 7 year old and we have traded guns for the season as the Mossberg Mini works great for him. In return we were given an O/U Mossberg Silver which fits my son perfectly. The problem is every time he squeezes the trigger both barrels go off. To make sure it wasn't operator error myself and a buddy of mine have both shot it and had the same issues. I called Mossberg and their idea is to send it in. That would be rough as we are in mid season. Is there any trouble shooting ideas you all have for me to remedy this issue relatively fast? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

IIRC, that shotgun is built by Fausti and has mechanical triggers as opposed to inertia operation. What may be happening is the trigger (finger) isn't being fully released at the first shot with the recoil rebound immediately setting off the second. On some of these shotguns a bit of competent gunsmith attention to the sear can help along with developing the awareness of fully releasing the trigger grip at the first shot. Hope you get it resolved as we don't want any young gunners getting apprehensive about pulling a trigger.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

4. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

If you are talking about a Silver Reserve, send it in.