Most accurate pistol loads

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by skywatcher1, Jan 19, 2017.

1. leftyhunter

leftyhunter Senior Refuge Member

Just Google NYPD study of police shootings and the study will pop up on the first entry first page. With a 45acp who cares what kind of ammo accuracy at 5 yards or under?
    Leftyhunter

Hugatree likes this.
  2. skywatcher1

skywatcher1 Elite Refuge Member

Well i wasnt talking about shooting of a person. Was talking about target shooting ect but threads go where they want

3. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

Look at what happens to barriers like walls and auto glass with a 9mm. It's not impressive. That's my issue with the caliber and I own firearms chambered in the round. For plinking, it's fun to shoot.

leftyhunter likes this.
  4. skywatcher1

Depends on ammo for task also

5. leftyhunter

leftyhunter Senior Refuge Member

No problem. Nothing wrong with target shooting I used to do a little bit a long time ago. I carry a gun for a living ( DHS contract guard) and now a handgun is just a tool. I have to practice a lot for our semi annual qualification which is timed. So from a practical point of view what brand of ammo is not going to make a difference.
    For practical pistol competition it shouldn't make a difference. State of mind , physical conditioning, not being fatigued, mental confidence, being in a good mood and all that kind of stuff has you know is far more important.
    I could never go back to target shooting because it's truly a different mind set then having to qualify .
    Leftyhunter

6. skywatcher1

I belong to a shooting club that has groups like LE and Feds who practice and its fun to watch them but better to wait for them to leave and go collect all there brass just wish they would shoot more 45 acp then 40 or 22lr lol. But anyway if a load isnt accurate that will lead to issues during training even. I would think what you say about having to be times for qualification you would be more interested in shooting sports like IDPA,IPSC,USPSA ect to highten your skill set thru the year

leftyhunter likes this.
  7. skywatcher1

Anyway back to subject 9mm VVN320,N350,WST powders,45acp WST,Clays,Bullseye,N320 is my accuracy powders and Bullets for accuracy are 200swc coated in 45 and 147 for 9mm in various styles

8. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

Pretty vague statement considering all of the various bullet designs that are available for 9mm now that are either frangible to prevent over penetration through walls, or barrier blind to hold together and still provide expansion after shot through auto glass.

Back on topic, I've shot a lot of handguns with a lot of different ammo, and I'll say that as long as I can press the trigger correctly, I get effective groupings from most loads from cheap imported ball to high end HP's. Accuracy is subjective considering everybody is looking for different results from their gun & ammo combos.