Motion Wing

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Patodor, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Patodor

Patodor Refuge Member

I've been searching around for a motion decoy I remember from a YouTube video years back. No luck so far in finding it to determine whether it was a homemade rig or marketed. Let me see if I can explain it properly...

It looked like a bracket suspended axle that mounted perpendicularly on top of your standard floating decoy. Several narrow "blades" were fixed to the length of the axle. I don't know whether it was wind or batter powered, but with the axle spinning quickly, the fluttering blades really stood out. Several would look great in a diver rig.

Would anybody have a clue of what I'm talking about? Any experience using them? Thanks

2. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

A fellow from Texas once tried to market and horizontal axle held across your decoy's back with a wide rubber band, with the difference from my understanding of your description being that there were wind-driven paddle wheels of silver reflectors on the ends of the axle. The wheels stayed above the water, but when spinning in the wind, looked like splashing. Looked surprisingly good in his video of birds falling into a rig with several of them.

But I never saw more of them than his self-marketing at sports shows.

3. buck19

buck19 Senior Refuge Member

realduck.com action decoys???

4. Patodor

Patodor Refuge Member

That's the one. Thanks, buck19. Ever use them?

5. buck19

buck19 Senior Refuge Member

Nope, sorry I haven't just remembered their advertisment in wildfowl mag.

6. Cocklebur

Cocklebur Senior Refuge Member

I own a real duck mallard hen. They are a good tool for big water when a standard mojo pole will not reach bottom, they are also better than the floating mojo hands down. The G and H decoy the blade sits on will not tip over in rough water. Like any spinner they have a time and a place.