Motor Not Right!

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by fireduck, Dec 16, 2017.

1. mallardhunter

mallardhunter Senior Refuge Member

You have received a lot of great advice from folks smarter than I. I had a Mercury two-stroke that would start, idle, etc. But run it up to full throttle and it would choke back down to half (maybe 2/3) speed. I was using an aftermarket (Atwood) fuel line. Swapped the ends for genuine Mercury connectors and the problem went away. Full throttle was no problem. Put the Atwood back on just to confirm the issue and it was confirmed. I keep the Atwood line as a spare.
    YMMV

2. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

I was in a hurry to get my motor back, the mechanic offered to keep the motor, but it was Christmas time Dec 22. The shop would be closed for several days, and maybe have to order parts. He got me running better. Jan 29 he will see me again. I will ask him about several things that have been suggested. Right now I'm getting by! fireduck- Kenny

3. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

Please let us know what the final outcome is, it may help others. Thanks!

4. fireduck

I sure will!!! fireduck-Kenny

5. fireduck

The weather here in TN has been bitter for a couple of weeks!! Motor is still running, but so hard to get running. When turning throttle up- it does not won't to go faster, but will kick it and do better. We are NOT killing ducks, I would take to shop now. We have 10 days left- then I WANT my motor right. Mechanic already knows I will be there Jan 29. Ready for mystery to end! I will give report! fireduck-Kenny