Mud motor questions

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by Quackhead2008, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Quackhead2008

Quackhead2008 New Member

Any body out there have ideas on how to secure a mud motor more level so it doesn't tip backwards while your hunting deeper water ? And best way to secure it while the blind is up ? Any ideas would be helpful

2. ducaholic

ducaholic Elite Refuge Member

What kind of MM are you running? Take some pictures of your rig and post em up.

3. Quackhead2008

Quackhead2008 New Member

Ok I will try this is my first time on here see if I can figure it out but I have a 1432 jon with a homemade blind and I just added a 6.5 hp predator motor with a swamp runner kit

4. Quackhead2008

Quackhead2008 New Member

IMG_2208.JPG

Attached Files:

5. Olefart

Olefart Senior Refuge Member

Eye bolt thru hull rib, and a tarp strap. Remove tiller bolts and install pins. Should be able to move tiller to the side.

6. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

I use a piece of 400# test mono - 1 end attached to the floor, a loop about 1/2 way up, and a loop on the top. Run up over tiller handle and fasten top loop and middle loop with a clip....or you can just use a piece of rope. 20170822_232918.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Quackhead2008

Quackhead2008 New Member

Thanks for the ideas do either of those ways hold it pretty solid and out of the way ? The problem I have is my mud motor handle sticks out past my back seat where I sit when the blind is up haven't got to use it yet for hunting just wondering if the handle will be in the way

8. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

I thought that handle looked kinda long...if it were mine, i'd probably cut it down some

9. Quackhead2008

Quackhead2008 New Member

I might have to first mud motor I have bought didn't know if you needed the leverage to lift it out of the water or turning I took it for a run last weekend I really like it pushes me alone 17 mph in my boat about 12 fully loaded with two guys

10. Olefart

Olefart Senior Refuge Member

Your tiller looks to be fastened with u bolts, pinning wouldn't work where it is fasten to motor plate. We have on surface drives cut the tiller pipe a few inches out from its bracket, and installed a piece of round bar stock into throttle side of tiller pipe about 6" long allowing 3" or so sticking out and drilled a hole thru tiller pipe insert and used a bolt to hold it in pipe, then drilled a hole for a pin where it slides into motor tiller pipe. This allowed us to remove tiller and lay it to side when hunting. Throttle cable should be long enough to get tiller out of the way. Insert should be a slip fit for ease of removal.