Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

Murdock84's Trophy Room

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by murdock84, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Maybe next year you should come down here so I can help you blow some cash on a BWTeal, Mottled duck mount !! Offer stands. :tu Capt. Jack & Swmaper are excellent guys to go with for sure. That whole gaggle of capt.'s are the best in the business... That can is SICK buddy !!!

2. murdock84

murdock84 Elite Refuge Member

Just picked this up the other week. Also picked up a hen redhead that I need to get hung up to take picture of. My Eurasion Widgeon is being worked on as well. Sorry for the crappy pictures. I needed to put this up where it was going and the lighting inside and out was crappy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. murdock84

Ohh I forgot to add. The ruddy's left foot has a bump in the rear that had a BB in it. The taxidermist called me to tell me that he found and asked if I wanted it to stay in or not. I said to keep it in there. The BB was totally sealed around it and he said it had to be shot before. That's my second bird that had some an old BB wound. You can see it in the phot below. It is right about where the flap of skin is just above the foot.

[​IMG]

4. duxh8me

duxh8me Elite Refuge Member

Getting a bunch of mounts there! I like the grass, are they all the same or is only the one holding the duck up stiff? Jim It is neat to see the ruddy ducks Drakes in the summer on the way to Canada.....The hen is a nice oine

5. murdock84

The grass is all solid copper. They are all somewhat flexible. You need to get them where you want before painting so the paint does not crack. I had a guy in Florida make the reeds and he then sent them to me. I then took them to my taxidermist to put on the base and paint. Someone on here gave me the info for the guy that makes the reeds.

6. ibfishin1

ibfishin1 Refuge Member

I second the CAN mount. It is my favorite. I like merg holding the fish. I'm going to do a drake diving for a fish.

7. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Good choice (PB). Can I ask who is doing your ducks?

8. murdock84

Hardy's Taxidermy in Elizabethtown, PA. He has no website does not advertise or anything really. Only time he uses a computer is when he drives 4 hours to his moms house a few times a year. He actually got a cell phone last year when he went to one of the Dakotas for a buffalo hunt. I took some birds to him a few years ago and he has turned into a pretty good friend now. When I moved last year I moved like 5 minutes from his place and have a key to his house and shop now. He'll call to chat now and then as well if I don't stop over every other week or so.

Nash, I'm glad you qouted the above. I may have lost my WW Scoter hen. It was at my parent's house in their freezer and it took a dump this week.

9. murdock84

Just picked this up earlier today. Sorry for the crappy picture again. I tried messing around with some lights in the house, but it wasn't cutting it and I needed to get to the range to shoot. I should have my hen Pintail in about two weeks to post up as well. I should have took pictures of this before the glass was put in, but forgot to take my camera over to the shop.

[​IMG]

10. murdock84

Just picked up the Goldeneyes last week and had the hen added to the drake Pintail a month or so ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]