My 08 bowkill

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by IowaDucker06, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Nodak Duke

Nodak Duke Senior Refuge Member

A brief look at who brought this way off topic and whose sole purpose from the onset was to jack up his own ego by berating someone who was obviously elated in the finding of his buck...

2. RedNeck

RedNeck Elite Refuge Member

Seeing all that together really made me chuckle. Thanks for making the obvious even more apparent.

3. lwingwatcher

lwingwatcher Elite Refuge Member

Lots of fancy quotes but...you seem to have omitted one important fact. Who got the thread headed off topic with the name calling?

You really should get your facts straight for a change....

Do you need a quote to jog your memory?

Wow....and to take the time to go back through all those posts. You sir....have a problem it seems. Life and times between the railroad track stains it seems....

4. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

Seems to me that you got the thread headed off topic when you began busting the young fella's balls with your elitist rhetoric!

Call a spade a spade....you were acting like a prick.....Whether you truly are or you are just trying to save face is yet to be determined....However, the fact remains that your response wasn't cool, it wasn't needed, and was WAY offbase...

See....now that was funny.....you may have some redeeming qualities...:dv

5. lwingwatcher

I was calling a spade a spade, and for that, somebody decided to start the name calling.

Oh well....at least differences were expressed (and expressed, and expressed and expressed again) without somebody running to a Mod to save them...

6. RedNeck

Yea I have to admit I am suprised about that myself.

7. lwingwatcher

Just a note:

I just happened to be talking to a taxidermist and he advised that a guy just brought in a head from one he recovered this week while rabbit hunting. The guy had arrowed it in October and didn't recover it like he would have liked to....just like in this case.

With this thread so fresh....I inquired further....and said, what is he going to have you do, a Euro? His reponse was "no, not even that, just a board" "Nothing to brag about, he didn't get it the right way, or how he would have liked to"

What can I say....maybe folks in Michigan look at things differently....I dunno....

8. RedNeck

I dont think anyone looks at it any different in your state that in mine. I made a bad shot this year and and found the buck a week too late. While I did not take a picture with just the head I was happy to have found it. I was not happy to find the rack since it was not a very impressive buck to begin with. I was happy to know that it was over and I had some closure. I knew that the buck had probably suffered and it was my fault but it was over and he was not still running around with an arrow stuck out its side. If I could take that arrow back I would but what's done is done.

9. Nodak Duke

Nodak Duke Senior Refuge Member

So how big was the buck at the taxidermist? Who's to say that the hunter doesn't get every buck put on a board vs. a Euro or full head mount? Perhaps he doesn't have the money?

Sure, he didn't get the buck the way he'd like, but so goes hunting.

At what point can you not smile with a buck you recover? If I shoot one at 7:00 pm in the evening and put a marginal shot on it and don't go after it until the next morning and find it can I still smile? How about the afternoon after? Smiling permited? What if coyotes got to it first? Smile or frown? Or how about a gut shot deer that makes it a mile and I find him at 2:00 am in the morning and have to slit his throat? What facial expression goes along with this one? Sure, all are cases of not getting them how we'd like and giving the deer a tougher death, but all recovered in the end? When can we smile and is there head mounting protocol that I am not aware of?

10. lwingwatcher

I dunno about you but....in the words of the immortal Hannibal Hayes..."I love it when a plan comes together" Anything less and....at best the smile might be bitter sweet. To each their own but, if I shoot a deer, I don't consider it recovered if all I go home with is a grizzly head and antlers. In that case, I would not have recovered the deer I shot....just a set of antlers to talk about....barely better than the guys who chop heads off road kills....

Protocol....I dunno about you but when I go deer hunting, it is for the whole deer. Otherwise, it would be wasteful which is nothing at all to smile about.