My grandfather

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by lad52, Feb 19, 2004.

1. lad52

lad52 Elite Refuge Member

This should once again confirm that the most important information in your life won't come from a teacher, the library or the Internet, but from a mentor, and on a very personal level.

My long-passed grandfather's birthday is coming up, and for me it's a time to reminisce. The long walks we used to take. The long drives. The special trips he would make to pick me up so I could spend weekends with him, and the advice he used to give!

Much was wasted because I was young when he died. If he were alive today and sharing his gems of wisdom, I'd be a better man.

Those gems were well and good, but the one I remember most, the jewel in the crown of grand fatherly advice, came when he paused, looked me in the eye and said, "Don't marry a woman with big hands. It makes your pecker look smaller."

Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it?

2. Drake 224

Drake 224 Elite Refuge Member

3. havenhunter

havenhunter Elite Refuge Member

I picked my grandpa up at the airport when he visited one time. We were at the bagage claim and I asked him what his bag looked like. his response was " brown wrinkled and hairy". I spit coffee out my nose I laughed so hard.

4. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

5. Delaware Jim

Delaware Jim Elite Refuge Member

My grandfather told my dad, who in turn told me about marriage. He said marriage is a 50 / 50 relationship. 50% for her and 50% against you.