My new bowfishing platform and light bar...

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by jamesmc, Jun 20, 2012.

1. jamesmc

jamesmc Elite Refuge Member

I am lucky enough to work for a place that has a full service machine and welding shop. Here is the platform they built for my 1654 mod-v. It was way beyond my expectations. With the exception of the 5/8" plywood deck, the entire platform is built from 1-1/2" aluminum square tubing. It's 16 inches from the top of the deck to the top of the shooting rails. The actual size of the deck is 68"X48". I have installed a bigfoot switch to control the lights on the light bar and 9" LED bow lights. The bighead bar is 7' from the deck to the top. For right now it has (5) 3"X4" halogen tractor lights but I plan to replace them with LED's as money allows. I don't have any lights on the shooting rail but I will add the LED's there as well. As you can see in the pictures, the light bar rides on the sides of the boat when not in use then swivels up and locks into brackets with pins when ready. The total cost $0!!!! It was extra material left over from a big job and they threw in the labor for me. Let me know what you guys think.......

Here is are a few pics of the deck.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jamesmc

Here are a few pics of the light bar.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are a couple of pics of the bracket for the light bar......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Looks good! Hows the light penetration with them that far from the water?

Here's one of my shooting platforms...

[​IMG]

There's a park right across the road from me. It's illegal to shoot from shore. I improvised:dv

4. jamesmc

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Gotta do what works!!! The light penetration is only a couple of feet but it's not meant for deep penetration. It's for bigheads only and they ride right on the surface. Ill have lights on the rails for regular carp in the future.

5. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Going with led's for the rail too? I'm thinking about getting new lights. Running halos now. Tried CFLs. Pretty heavy and didn't seem to get the penetration the halos did. Debating HPS or metal halides now.

6. jamesmc

LEDs will never get the penetration that halos and hps lights get but the trade off is not having to hear that genny all night. I won't use the rail much as I'm after bigheads most of the time but I would like the option.