My new Duck Water Ocean 24' in progress

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by steve k, Aug 16, 2010.

1. DiverFreak

DiverFreak Elite Refuge Member

Sweet boat!

I have a couple of questions about your boat.

1. How many single lined decoys can you put in that boat?
    2. When you launch it off the trailer does the lake/ocean level come up an inch or two?
    3. In the off season, can you attach a dual .50 on the bow and work for the coast guard?

DiverFreak

2. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Tony went on the website (surprised that you didn;t think this one through yourself) and found out the following answers for your questions.

1. 2371 regular "life size" decoys, 1196 magnums, or 628 super mags.

2. They have found that on average the lakes / rivers only rise about .25 inch. However one two occassions they have dropped it off the ramp a little fast and a tidal wave warning for Europe had to be issues.

3. They have a program in effect but if I talk about it the black SUV's may pull up to the house. Let's just say in 2011 a stealth model is to be released to combat the submarine drug runners from S/A

Hope this helps! :tu

P.S. I apologize a head of time but I am the only one here at the office today so I will putting up a lot of usless postings (as normal) all day... :doh

3. DiverFreak

DiverFreak Elite Refuge Member

Dang, Talk about a huge Spread!! A few of our lakes our pretty low this year so that boat would help. I did check out the site and found your findings but it did not say how many big brothers could fit on the boat, i was thinking atleast 4 to go with all the decoys!

Nashman, it was good talking to you the other day and hope the misses and your son to be are doing great, your family is in our prayers. Keep up the useless postings as i for one appreciate them!

DiverFreak

4. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Thank you Tony (Anthony...lol) for the prayers, they are recieved with welcome arms.

Appreciate everything. Always a place in my blind for someone like you. :tu

5. steve k

steve k Senior Refuge Member

Tony,
    I have not yet filled it with decoys, but I do not see any problem squezzing my 163 Ure a Ducks into it. I am picking up the remaining 55 Diver Sounders at Tuckerton this weekend.
    As far as the Big Brothers go, you can count me in for at least one. I spoke with Steve last night and that is some great news.

Matt V,
    Sorry I have not gotten back to you sooner. Yes the rollers on the side are to assist in the deployment and retrieval of the layout boats. Aluminum is not very friendly to fiberglass, I thought this may ease the damage to the layout boats. there is a cradle that sits on the outside of the rollers that runs from port to stbd.

To all of those attending Tuckerton. Unfortunatley I will not be bringing this monster down with me. I have to leave on Saturday night. They will not let me pull the boat out until the show is over on Sunday:(

Brian,
    I should be home on Sunday. Stop by and check her out. I have a call in to a paving company to widen the driveway a few feet:z.

Duckstar,
    I will have it at the SSWA show for all of the locals to drool over. See you there.

6. Peta

Peta Elite Refuge Member

I was hoping it would be at the show this weekend to look at in person. :(

7. steve k

steve k Senior Refuge Member

Well I attempted to get some hours on her today. With work and the weather not being the greatest, today was the first day I had a chance to get her wet. I want to thank Chris D for helping me out at the ramp and taking some pics(thanks bud). The lens was fogged up so the pics are not the greatest. I only had her out for about 5-10 minutes due to the rain, the 35MPH wind and the fact that I had my son on board (the rain and wind wouldn't have stopped me I just didn't want my son to end up getting sick). I will be back out in the morning. Only 9 hours and 55minutes left until I can see how she handles at WOT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Chesapeake Boy

Chesapeake Boy Elite Refuge Member

:eek::z:bow:pra That is all I can say about it.

9. Waterfowl Creations

Waterfowl Creations Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Sweet. Can I bring my fishing rod tomorrow!! Please Pretty Please. The Black Fish are in!!! Good Luck with her!! I cant wait to taste some salt spray. Bring on the 45mph winds. See you in the am.

10. TheSwamper

TheSwamper Elite Refuge Member

You picked today to try and test her out!:eek::confused: You must really want to test that thing out!:yes

It was blowing like 35 out of the south here today. Had solid ten footers breakin' over the sea wall.

It has been windy here for weeks, hope it's not what we get to look forward for this winter.:rolleyes::mad: