My new Duck Water Ocean 24' in progress

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by steve k, Aug 16, 2010.

1. steve k

steve k Senior Refuge Member

I finally was able to complete the break in period today, and see how my son and dog liked the new boat. At WOT she ran at 43 MPH. Not to bad considering I wanted to get about 40 out of her. Remember this is dry weight no gear. I wouldn't think an extra 12-1500lbs would make that much of a difference other than 5 mph or so (but we will see). I think I might try a new prop as well because I am only getting 5400 RPM's when it should be 6000. The holeshot with this boat is incredible. I am litterally on plane in less than 5 seconds. It was my son and I so there are no pics of it running (sorry)

Very little adjustment for him from the last boat other than an easier entrance into the cockpit.
    [​IMG]

As long as there is food my son is happy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also got to working on the layout cradle. I know alot of you wanted to see some pics. (Now do the rollers make sense?) It really is an ease to get the layout up from the ground (remember the boat is standing over 6' high on the trailer). All I need to do is put carpet on the wood bunks, and put eye bolts onto the rack for tie down purposes. In these pics it is set up for trailering. When out in the water, the two man MLB (shown in picture) will fit in between the two boards running from port to stbd. My one man Supermag MLB will be transported from bow to stern all of the time, do to its size and that you are able to walk around either side to deploy it into the water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jackduckhunter

jackduckhunter Elite Refuge Member

Pretty Slick Steve!!

Looks great. :tu

3. Pitboss

Pitboss Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

4. C-Duck'en

C-Duck'en Senior Refuge Member

Looking good buddy, when you going out again???

5. Ocean State

Ocean State Senior Refuge Member

Sea Duck Hunting Rhode Island,Massachusetts,New En
    Looks great Steve... Love seeing the pics of your son out with you!!