Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

My new family member and hunting partner

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by fowlwhacker, Feb 18, 2017.

1. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

I wasn't ready for a pup and my youngest daughter had been relentless over the last year asking for one, with comments like, all I want for my birthday is a new black lab pup, all I want for Christmas is a black lab pup. My wife was not ready either but towards the end of last year she said she was okay with it and I quickly gave in knowing what we would be in for. My daughter promised the world in terms of helping out with the pup and training it. You can only guess how well the support has been thus far. After not having a pup for 10 years or so it was a quick reality as to how much energy a pup has and how mischievous they can be.

She got birdy right away when I introduced her to some duck wings and even has thrown up a few points when I hid them. In addition to her sire having several field titles he also had a title for pointing and I wondered how much of that was natural or from training.

here are some pics of Raven at 9 weeks.

I can't wait till she loses her puppy teeth. Now matter how many toys there are for her to chew it isn't enough to keep her occupied.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mrsteve, pat williams and gone goosin like this.
  2. Mr_Mallard

Mr_Mallard Senior Refuge Member

Looks good and off to a great start

3. Marshbum

Marshbum Elite Refuge Member

Good deal. Nice looking pup.