My new pup...

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by MJ, Jul 7, 2017.

1. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

I made a decision recently to buy a started dog for a number of reasons. I spent some time with Troy at Central Valley Gun Dogs in California and felt that this beautiful yellow named Luke was a good fit for me.

Very stylish dog, strong and really enjoys his job. He's definitely going to be able to do what I want in a hunting partner.

He's going to be staying at CVGD until early September. I'll be making a couple more trips over the hill to work with him before he comes home with me. Looking forward to getting him home.

IMG_6614.JPG IMG_6638.JPG IMG_6646.JPG

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    callinfowl likes this.
  2. HarryWilliams

HarryWilliams Elite Refuge Member

Good going Mark.

3. duckme

duckme Senior Refuge Member

Very good decision. Troy is very good with gun dogs. I think a started dog is the way to. Will save you money in the long run.

MJ likes this.
  4. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

I've known Troy for several years. I met him at a hunt test in NV probably over 10 years ago. We both had dogs named Tucker and saw each other at tests in California. We lost touch when I quit running hunt tests.

I've always had in him in mind for a new dog when the time came. The time is here. I agree with the started dog savings. At least I know going in that the dog can do the work.

I'll be headed over next weekend to work with Troy and Luke. Really looking forward to the trip.