My New Ride!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by frazier2209, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Flutterin'_Wings

Flutterin'_Wings Elite Refuge Member

no, you dont want to put a dual exhaust on a 6 c.:fp Sh!t there was a truck just like yours up at the resort on lake vermillian, with dual exhaust. Thing sounded horrible. Not talkin exhaust leaks or anything, just like...well a 6 cylinder thats got dual exhaust:sp Don't be a puss and slap a 351 in there. That truck is nothin but a road runner with that engine:dv real nice body. Won't find anything nicer then that in MN

2. Muddawg

Muddawg Elite Refuge Member

yea i said maybe....Minus well save the money and buy some more hunting or fishing stuff...:dv And last i checked a 4.9L I6 300 is pretty damn close to a 5.0L V8 302...Why would it sound like ****? i honestly dont know much about exhaust....and if i wanted a gas hog i woulda got a bigger engine....But mine will do just fine and with 50k it will last a long time!

3. Flutterin'_Wings

still a 6 cylinder.BUT a bigger, or higher compression motor will almost always sound more bada$$/better. Im puttin true duals, no cats and 2 ultra flo mufflers from dynomax. My exhaust is gonna end up being over $400, but it should be worth it in the long run. I only have a 302(at the moment) and i am not too worried about getting pulled over by the cops for being too loud. If i had a 351, i would think about putting hi flo cats on. I know a kid in town that has a 351, work done to his engine, with shorty headers, ture dual, 2 hi flo cats, and straight pipes. ITS LOUD. In fact, i have a few buddies with 350's in their chevys that have gotten exhaust tickets that cost more then their whole exhaust setup.

As i said before, you can put a flowmaster muffler on a stock engine in a stock truck, and put the same muffler on a hi compression motor, like a big block, hemi etc, and it will be almost a completely different sound. I know, my buddy has a 69 nova with a 360, all tuned up, performance parts, and a flowmaster exhaust setup. I no longer have respect for my flowmaster on my truck:grvn

If your doing your exhaust for performance, just do true duals straight piped. If you want a sound, or be legal(mn has visual, cats and mufflers) then put hi flo cats and hi flo mufflers. Theres a truck in town with duals...2 cats and 2 mufflers. No louder then stock. Do some shopping on www.summitracing.com on parts. Personally i am putting mufflers on so i can at least argue with the officer i attempted to make it legal;) It's comming with a price though. $120 a muffler, but prolly the highest flowing muffler out there. at least 3 times as much flow as flowmaster, gibson and edelbrock

You should lift your truck and put some bigger tires on before puttin exhaust on. You wont get far in a feild stock;)

4. Cormorant

Cormorant Senior Refuge Member

i gotta agree. put duals on a i6 or v6 and it sounds nearly like a weedwhacker. no change in tone or anything, all the same sound. the sweet rumble is elliminated too. if you got a v6, i would suggest just one pipe with a chrome tip or something, those look better on trucks anyways:tu thats my 2 cents

5. Cormorant

Cormorant Senior Refuge Member

i forgot about this in my last post, but i thought yall could help me out a bit here. in the mustang, all is going good except one thing. the thing floods way too easily. every time i try to run it, it wont take alot of gas initially, and the begins to lose RPM's rapidly. is this just a typical thing for an old car, or do you think a professional tune-up is necessary??!!?:z thanks

6. CuppedAndComitted

CuppedAndComitted Elite Refuge Member

Go carve some decoys...are you going to be on the next episode of Trucks??:l :no :rolleyes:

7. woodiesmacker

woodiesmacker Elite Refuge Member

:l :l

8. Flutterin'_Wings

i plan on bringin my truck onto the show after i fix the discombustion valves on the rotary gurder that protects the flywheel teeth

9. Muddawg

Muddawg Elite Refuge Member

Well i bet i could put more weight in my bed....Its already got a lift in the box cause its a heavy half ton...(more leaf springs)I was looking at a jcwhitney mag. is the gibson stainless steel cat back single exhaust any good? My current muffler has a few holes in it and with this i can just connect it to the catalyic converter and be done and it should last forever cause its stainless steel!

10. Teal101

Teal101 Elite Refuge Member

You got that right. I got an 89 toyota with 257k on its V6 running strong. 1.5" susp lift and 33" swampers. It goes where i point it for the most part. Locking the rear end and stepping up to 34's this winter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You and all your fords and chevys....:dv