My self experimant with the new Hevi-X and Federal Black Cloud

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by BAYDOG, Feb 25, 2018.

1. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

I'm getting a headache just trying to read this...:l

2. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

You seem to be repeating the advertising copy, BillyBob. I've cut open both Blindside and Black Cloud shells. None of their shot have sharp edges. The Blindside is basically round shot with six flats on it, and the BC Flightstopper shot just has a raised, rounded band around the shot. Both of these shell's claims were conclusively de-bunked with photos in several forums some time ago, and if you didn't know it before, you know it now.

3. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

:l :l :l Still just wanting to talk out of the part of your body you sit on. :l :l :l You don't want proof because then you would have to admit you are WRONG. You just want be able to sit back and run your mouth without any proof. And, your birds are more educated? :l That right there just proves how little you really know. Our birds get here in October and early November and spend until the end of Jan dodging the same danger areas and blinds, not saying ours are harder but if anything that makes them harder because they have spent more time in the same area and know it well.

Put up or shut up. You're like a bad broken record.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  4. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

It's still a sharp edge when compared to the oval and oblong shapes of shot in Xperts. You know that as well as I do and if you don't you know it now. :rolleyes:

5. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Black Cloud is nothing more then unfinished steel shot, the edges are not ground off after the steel slug is cold headed in the manufacturing process, actually quite the gimmick Federal has going there.
    hpm_0000_0001_0_img0024.jpg
    Blindside is cut unfinished square steel wire, Winchesters version of lets rip off the Waterfowler.
    Experts use cast steel shot which is a lot cheaper than formed steel shot and they don't do any finish work to the shot, again making it cheaper to produce.

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

And they don't charge extra for doing less work.

10GAGENUT and JP like this.
  7. Drakehammer

Drakehammer Senior Refuge Member

:joker:joker:joker Clarification: somewhere in my previous post, I said energy was better left to external ballistics, when I intended to say terminal ballistics. Also had a few more typos than usual posting in a rush on my iphone, realizing all along I was most likely wasting my time and energy.

8. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

I cannot dispute your findings as I wasn't there just as you weren't there when I cut mine open.

9. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Drakehammer, are you an EMI ProStaffer?

10. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member