N.R.A. - again...

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by olepal, Jan 12, 2009.

1. olepal

olepal Elite Refuge Member

Don't get me wrong. I am now, and will continue to be an NRA member. It just irks me that they spend so much sending out requests for money but won't respond to a member who writes, calls, or emails. I've got enough caps so that is certainly not an issue but I have still not had anyone respond to my communications. If things were not so tight right now, I would love to have a life membership. Maybe someday...

olepal

2. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Olepal,

Best bet is to directly call (or maybe email) member services. Try to engage a real live person.

It has been a decade since I had to interact with them, so things have probably changed.

They do the fundraising because it works. I think that is contracted out. If it lost them money it would stop.

Good luck!

David

3. REPOMAN

REPOMAN Senior Refuge Member

olepal, don't get to worked up about the cap, its made in blanking CHINA!!!!

4. Imma Hogg

Imma Hogg New Member

Well stated! Politics is dirty business and the foes play dirty pool. As they play that dirty pool, they are spending BIG $$$ out the yin-yang to chip away at the 2nd Amendment, and they do not tire. On the back of my car I have stickers that say "MY SON IS IN THE ARMY", another that says "MY SON IS A MARINE." and another in the middle that says "FREEDOM IS NOT FREE." (yes, I have one of each overseas) Then, in the corner of the window where it can not be missed is my NRA decal. I have both cars set up like that. I may suggest even adding the NRA-ILA tool bar to your web browsers so you can raise some change as you surf. Honestly, some people live on the internet and could raise more than change using that tool bar. At any rate, unfortunately it takes lots of cash to fight any political battle (war), regardless of how worthy and honest the cause. The "enemy" doesn't care about integrity, they just want their own way regardless of the cost. Our rights and our freedoms are worth ANY cost.. to heck with the caps, decals, mutli-tool freebies, etc. I will do what I can to help those who defend our Constitutional rights, especially the 2nd Amendment. God bless our rights! God bless all who stand for those freedoms! God bless our troops who fight, sacrifice and die so that we and others around the world can enjoy the same! And most of all, God Bless America! :amen

5. Duckologist

Duckologist Elite Refuge Member

Tell me more about that tool bar.

6. olepal

olepal Elite Refuge Member

7. Duckologist

Duckologist Elite Refuge Member

Thanks.

8. itallushrt

itallushrt Elite Refuge Member

Can't swing the lifetime membership right now, but I can swing another 5 year renewal. Renewed this morning even though I wasn't set to expire anytime soon.

We have to keep fighting folks or our rights will be stripped away from us.

9. dbnorton

dbnorton Senior Refuge Member

I will be joining tonight when I get home.

10. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

What I did was put it on a credit card that they charged a little bit to each month. Took a year or so to pay it off. Signed up my son when he was 10 or so.