Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Navigable waters in MD

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by NOVAggie, May 29, 2007.

1. NOVAggie

NOVAggie Elite Refuge Member

Ok so I looked through the DNR site and have seen before you need a MD residnet in the boat to hunt on the Potomac.

Does this apply to all streams/rivers/lakes in MD?

I know I am about to get a lot of "stay in VA", "Dont hunt my land", blah blah, but if I pay for an OOS license I feel I should be able to hunt on public land liek others.

Now if this MD residnet applies to all waters, I may be bugging a few of you to go out with us! haha

2. pamungus

pamungus Elite Refuge Member

not this again! ok ds and jerry lets hear the song and dance:dv :dv

i would have to say that i support the law. with the limited number of hunting sites there are i would rather "first chance" go to a md resident. now i think there should be a allowance to allow people who either lease or own land in maryland. i feel these people should not have to have a resident to hunt "public" waters because they have a bonding tie to the state and have a larger commitmnet then just a non resident lisence:tu

but dont take my opinion as a we dont want you stay away stance, because thats not the case. as far as i am concerned the more the better, as long as residents are not sitting out because of nonresidents....if that makes and sense

3. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Jeff- it applies to the Potomac and other MD waters, you are ok in VA streams/creeks off the Potomac (that gets into the whole VA blind site deal).

You need a resident to set up in the Chesapeake Bay.

Only MD residents can get blind sites.

You are ok in the WMA waters, and you are ok in MD state blind sites if you get chosen/lottery.

That is sort of the quick and easy of it.

4. NOVAggie

Not tryign to start a battle here guys, just tryign to get the facts.

What about the eastern shore? In VA the blind laws dont apply on the eastern shore, but they do in MD?

Would someone post the link to this stuff on the DNR site so I dont have to ask these elementary questions?:)

thanks

5. Mayor of Seneca

Mayor of Seneca Elite Refuge Member

Let me help you again :yes

You have 2 WMA Islands in Monkey County and 1 WMA in Frederick that provide excellent hunting (DNR web site, Islands of the Potomac). Here's a tip,
    Goose Creek is in Virginia, feeds into the Potomac, so check your Virginia laws hunting out of your boat.

6. NOVAggie

Ok found it online...

I am SOL. :grvn

So what it is the point of buying a OOS if I can only hunt the WMAs? I mean why would I want to drop $150 to maybe hunt.

Of course I could always woo you MDers with my good looks! haha

7. NOVAggie

yeah i know mayor, i asked a while back but i thought i did on the VA board and searched there instead of here. oh well. boards are slow anyways! haha

yeah i know about GC, checking it out. Mind editing that out of your post?? haha

8. jkryspin

jkryspin Elite Refuge Member

That would make too much sense.

9. Duckshot69

Duckshot69 Elite Refuge Member

Nova ....... stand your ground and don't take any crap of those guys :yes But you can not reason with a man that enjoys year after year getting selected #193 just to shoot buffy hens every day .

10. NOVAggie

haha

Don't worry I dont take anything seriously, especially off the board.

I'm just going to go find a blind that isnt occupied this year and hunt out of it... Then when the man or group of hunters show up Ill tell them Pamungus gave me permission. And ill do the secret MD handshake and we will all sit back and drink some of grandpappys homebrewed sleigh fuel!