Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Navigable waters in MD

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by NOVAggie, May 29, 2007.

1. pamungus

pamungus Elite Refuge Member

not to point fingers or accuse anyone, but it really seems you want what you want and your not willing to bend or give!plain fact is residents should have a advantage. i will still state for the record i will support nonresident rights as long as it doesnt negate rights or privledges of residents and if the nonresidents are will to give up something in return(more money):tu

2. yuk

yuk Guest

...Jon just doesn't like being told he is wrong, or his idea isn't what he thinks it is. It is a good idea in theory, but just wouldn't work. Any floaters of any kind is just wrong....floating debris, floating fish, floating terds.....and floating hunters.
    JMO:)

3. Duckshot69

Duckshot69 Elite Refuge Member

Matt .... You do understand by going to a floating system and taking back the the unjustly locked up waterfront land that opps would increae 10 fold ? No more need to employ full time people to run it and the money can then be turned back into enforcement, purchasing more land, or improving the lesser public areas . All this and you still think that with 1,726 square miles just in the main basin that there is not room for an OOS waterfowler to go it alone to shoot a couple lousy scoters ? Thats not even counting all the square miles in the tribs with that figure . Yet you have no problem hunting other states and when you get back to yours you hold up your hands and say "No" ? Yet when I knew of a private lease in Kent county for duck hunting you were all ears . I am astonished to say the least . Your a great guy but I never thought you would take this road knowing how you have an open mind and are easy going guy . I gotta get you some better influence sometime soon ;)

4. yuk

yuk Guest

Where is your proof this can be accomplished? and Again, just how many of these lotteries have you attended to all of the sudden become a "Journeyman" of this process?

...I can not see how anyone, versed in these procedures, can take you serious when you say that they will be able to hunt "unjustly locked up lands"....if they would go for a floating license. So by doing so and moving forward, your essentially saying you will be able to remove the rights of the ripirian land owners, so others can float in front of these properties they previously couldn't in the current system.
    Please tell me how your idea accomplishes this.

5. Duckshot69

Chris ......... And where is your proof that my ideas would fail ???? Tell me how many other states have a system even slightly similar to MD's for comparison ? The answer is none because its a broke dick dog plain and simple .

6. yuk

yuk Guest

....again, I'd like to know how you intend to remove the rights of ripirain land owners?

Jon,
    Just because your a realtor and know property value, doesn't mean you know the real value of property.

7. pamungus

your point made no sense. for any of the hunting i do i am more then happy to pay"the extra cost" when i hunt out of state i hunt on private land either in the club in va, with outfitters, pay access fees on private land, or on friends and families places in pa. i know to get a elk tag i need to pay to go with a outfitter that has aloted tags, so i agree to pay the extra cost the residents of that state dont have to pay. its the same here. thing is i even offered a resident status nonresident lisence and you dont seem to want it. i want you to be able to enjoy the bay. but at the same time i dont think you should have free access to my sister while i not looking either.

8. Duckshot69

So I can have her on the weekdays crabbing and fishing but I can't tear it up on the weekends hunting ?

9. pamungus

no offense jon but i think you would need to bring a back up , a jar of fire ants, a wooden spoon, a cake mixer, and a baseball bat to tear it up on the weekends.

and to really answer you question. no i have a problem with the amount of weekend warrior crabbers,boaters,fishing from in and out of state, but thats a differnt story all the same

10. Duckshot69

Yeah I can relate to that because the Chessie is mobbed in the summer . But on the other side of the coin so are all the beaches over here . And yeah the DE beaches are full of baltimore tourons just the same . Heck its Friday night and I am not out of the house .... Why ? Because the Nascar truck race was this afternoon and the Busch race fans are driving in as we speak . I can't even goto into Dover without dealing with out of state plates . My office is closed on Sunday just so we can park vehicles in our parking lot :l

But I so gotta de-program you . :l