NEED 2007 Ford F-150 Spark Plug Removal Tool

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by wing seeker, Aug 7, 2013.

1. wing seeker

wing seeker Senior Refuge Member

title says it all....they break

also any tips on changing the pluGs

Triton V8 5.4 Flex

2. Humpback

Humpback New Member

Same happens with Ford Diesels.. There is a tool made to extrack the broken pulg. Always use Never-Seeze(sp) and do NOT OVER TROUQE !!! Call a Mac Tools or Snap-on rep and see if you can rent one, or maybe he'll wait till you get it out. I've done this here in New Jersey..

3. weekend warrior

weekend warrior Elite Refuge Member

Typical of fords. Tip for the future. Buy something other than ford. :tu

I've owned mine for 4 months now and atleast half the time it's been sitting in my driveway broken.

4. Fowlballer

Fowlballer Elite Refuge Member

I ran a few cans of Sea Foam in the tank and then pulled a can through the vacuum. They all came out with patience. 125k miles

5. Smackdown 870

Smackdown 870 Elite Refuge Member

My friend is master tec for ford, he changed my plugs and none broke but he soaked all the plugs overnight with some sort of kroll oil or something. He said that without soaking half will break. I got 175k on my first set of plugs. I have 235k on a 2005 and still runs like a top.

6. BaRtMaN

BaRtMaN Moderator Sponsor Moderator

The best penetrating oil that you will ever use in your life is made by taking and mixing transmission fluid and acetone 50-50. put this on and what happens is it is very thin and will get into where you need it and then the acetone evaporates very quickly leaving only the trans fluid behind, I have also used Marvel Mystery Oil as well and that works great too with Acetone. This work great on stuck choke tubes and many stuck things like old ford flat head engines that have set for a very long time. We just did a 53 ford 2dr hard top from California (barn find) that wouldn't turn over even by pulling the car and popping the clutch.......2 days of the marvel Mystery Oil and acetone treatment and a 1/2" breaker bar broke it lose and had it running that day. :tu

I have used everything and Kroil is good stuff too as are a few others, but it just doesn't get in there like this does.

Also when you install your new plugs, just a tiny amount of anti seize on the threads will help you the next time.

7. jntwlsn

jntwlsn New Member

I have one to sell and the extension tool as well. I always used Kroil and let it soak overnight.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

8. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

You tube has a video made by a Ford tech that shows you how to change the plugs without breaking them and without soaking them with anything over night .... Get an Impact wrench:scratch ...yep its what they use at the dealership ... get the engine to operating temp and get after it ........ The guy pulled all 8 plug's in about 8 min and didn't break one ... No special tools ....just an Impact gun and socket .... I paid 600.00 to have mine done didn't want to mess with it .. the 6.5 in lift makes it real hard work on especially on the plugs.
    The plugs should be changed at around 75,000 miles no matter how long they say they're good for , they dont break nearly as easy from what a mechanic told me ...... I waited till 105,000 and was getting crap fuel mileage ... it was an immediate change in better fuel mileage after the new plugs were installed

9. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

and What buy a piece of junk Chevy or a Dodge that falls apart ...No thanks I'll keep my ford and the very few issues I've had with 3 of them in the last 15 years ... I know too many guys with Chevys that are junk and Dodges that just fall apart ...great motor that cummins ... but of coarse its owned by Ford and should be in their own trucks screw the Dodge contract ... They'd be looking for a new diesel if I was the Ford CEO ... You own the company that makes the best diesel motor on the planet and you cant put it in your own trucks ... something is stupid about that ... I know guys that buy Dodges strictly because of that diesel power plant , hate the truck but love the towing power is what they tell me :D

10. Tom P

Tom P Senior Refuge Member

Were taken over by the gubmint.
    I'll keep my Ford's thanx