Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Need a "mud seat"

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by 10gaBBB, Oct 25, 2018.

1. 10gaBBB

10gaBBB Senior Refuge Member

Two problems: I'm an old guy and my back can't handle sitting hunched over on a bucket. Saw a website for Just Duckin hunting chairs.
    Anyone have one of these? Backrest looks good.
    Or any other recommendations?

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

I have a seat from Rogers that is comfy. It comes in two versions. One with arms and one without. The legs are independently adjustable for height on uneven ground. I have the one without arms but here is a link to the page of the one with arms. I have liked the chair so far. The one without arms is $79 and the armchair is $99.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/rogers-tough-hunter-deluxe-chair.html

widgeon and Mean Gene like this.
  3. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

http://www.justduckin.com/

I like the concept. My kid and a buddy have broken two mojo mud seats and my avery seat is bent so bad I cant adjust it anymore.

4. duckbutler

duckbutler Senior Refuge Member

go to HarborFreight ~ $20 kind of a collapsible directors type chair with twin rails on the bottom connecting the legs front to back. Paint it. Collapsible, light, almost disposable. I've been using one for about 15 yrs. good height

5. duckbutler

duckbutler Senior Refuge Member

go to HarborFreight ~ $20 kind of a collapsible directors type chair with twin rails on the bottom connecting the legs front to back. Paint it. Collapsible, light, almost disposable. I've been using one for about 15 yrs. good height

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Did a search to find a pic, to post exactly this. (Should have scrolled down some more)
    [​IMG]

I have been using something like this for 30 years. If you are in shin deep mud, I guess it isn't tall enough, but with those cross legs, they don't sink too badly. Light too, and I use it as a walking brace/stick when I walk out in the dark, or crossing the river (it is only knee deep)

7. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

My not be the seats, might be too much time at the Cracker Barrel:dv

8. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

Lol, but im not that big. But my kid is 6'3" about 225. With his height they are set at the maximum height and he seems to easily bend them.

9. HEUY

HEUY Senior Refuge Member

If a person took along a couple of 1"x4"s wide enough to sit under the legs I don't think soft mud would be a problem?!?!

10. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

I just got one something like this because my knees are too bad to hunt in a treestand anymore. The legs are individually adjustable and feet keep it from sinking. I've used it for deer and dove hunting and will use it for ducks. Very comfortable and folds up with a strap.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/rogers-tough-hunter-360-swivel-chair.html

Didn't see HaydenHs post. I got the one without arms for bowhunting. It swivels silently.

11. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Tennis balls added to the feet? Cut open Beer cans?