Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Need Help

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by BDBA, Sep 2, 2009.

1. BDBA

BDBA Elite Refuge Member

Hey guys I'm gonna be visiting some faimly in Newnan a little south of Atlanta around Christmas and would like to do some hunting while there. Would really like to get on some ducks. If there is any info....guides,outfitters, or anything that may help me while I am there. I would greatly appreciate it. Or maybe some other kind of hunting I should try while there. Thanks in advance. Ryan

2. nosuzies

nosuzies Senior Refuge Member

Ryan--

This is not duck country. If your from E Texas, you wont have patience for what passes as duck hunting in Ga.

You can probably find a guide to take you out on Lake Seminole, which is about 4 hours S of Newnan, and then its mostly trash ducks. Seminole does hold lots of Cans, but I understand they raft up tight out in the middle of the lake making it a tough proposition.

The coast holds lots of trash ducks, and it's 4-5 hours or so from Newnan.

Plenty of preserves around for that canned quail hunt.

I would personally, plan on doing something more productive with my time while here.

3. BDBA

BDBA Elite Refuge Member

Well thanks for the response. After surfing the web I didn't find to much info on duck hunting around there. We are gonna get a chance to do a little deer hunting while there on some families property. I did find alot of info on pig hunting, only thing is we have a bunch of pigs on are duck lease here. Think we topped just over 60 for the year. So not really lookin for that. I will be with one of my buddies Mike(MadMike on here). Just wanting to get into some type of hunting or something with the outdoors while in a different enviroment. Always like a new challange. Even noticed yall had bear over there. Haven't really looked into it though. Just figured I would hit you guys up over here and see if yall could help us out. Here are some links to some pigs we got the past 2 weekends. Thanks again:tu
    http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=735990

http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=737528

4. seatrout99

seatrout99 Refuge Member

Check your PMs.......:tu:tu