need some help

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by goose2duck, Feb 15, 2017.

1. goose2duck

goose2duck Senior Refuge Member

heading to Odessa florida (north of tampa) and was wondering if anyone has any locations for burrowing owls in that area
    any tips would be appreciated
    thanks

2. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

You might look up these folks-- they may be able to refer you or help you find a guide or a fellow photographer that can assist you

http://www.ccfriendsofwildlife.org/burrowing-owl/

They are having a Burrowing Owl Festival on the Feb 25---

and feature a photographer's tour

From the announcement

If that isn't enough, we have a special tour just for photographers. This tour leaves early in the morning to catch that "first light". On board will be an experienced photographer to give you tips on how to photograph these beautiful owls. For more information visit our PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR page. Space is limited to reserve your spot today!

The Cape Coral Friends of Wildlife
    is pleased to offer a Photographic Birding Bus tour in connection with the
    15th Annual Burrowing Owl Festival on
    Saturday Feb. 25, 2017
    We will have two, air-conditioned buses with expert birding & photography guides. We are excited this year to have both Tammy and David McQuade as our photography guides. Seating is limited to 18 persons per bus.
    The tour will start from Rotary Park at 7:30 am with a meeting time of 7:15 am.
    The tour will highlight photo opportunities for Cape Coral’s famous Burrowing Owls as well as Florida’s endemic Scrub Jay. Other targeted birds will be Bald Eagles, Monk Parakeets, Meadowlarks, Shrikes, Great Horned Owls, and Towhees.
    The tour will plan to return to Rotary Park around noon. That will leave plenty of time for the photographers to enjoy all the exhibits and booths and speakers at the Festival.

Space is limited so you must call Susan Porecca at 239-283-2883.
    Pre-registration is required!

Cost for the tour is $40.00/person

goose2duck likes this.
  3. Bender

Bender Elite Refuge Member

I live a stone's throw from Cape Coral. It's a couple hours south of where you're staying. Feel free to give me a call if you'd like. I know of a few spots where the burrowing owls hang out. I don't know much about finding them further North however. They're pretty ho-hum in our area cause they're quite common. Bald Eagle-Cam spot is right along the way and there's a ton of photo nuts there regularly too. You could meet and shoot the breeze with a bunch of folks there if you wanted to cruise down one day... (763)274-9700

goose2duck likes this.