need some help

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by AURIS LOBB, Apr 28, 2001.

1. AURIS LOBB

AURIS LOBB Guest

Hello Ladies,
    I have tried just about everything to my wife to go hunting with me. She is okay and is supportive of my hunting but I would love for her to go with me... Should I just let it go like I have been or can I get some helpful suggestions .....thank you :D :D :D

[ 04-28-2001: Message edited by: AURIS LOBB ]

2. Gooseslyer

Gooseslyer Senior Refuge Member

Just curious does she like dogs?????????? If so get a bird dog or lab that is just hers to train, sometimes that gets em interested. Good luck and glad you are trying to get her to hunt with you.

3. Mrs. PBG

Mrs. PBG New Member

So glad to hear that you are trying to get your wife interested. Sorry you have not got very many responces. I have a couple questions. Does she like the outdoors? Camping? Is she the type that dosen't mind getting wet or dirty? Is she squimish about the thought of seeing animals get killed.
    Talk to her, find out if she is even intrusted in hunting, other than supporting you. Maybe just try to get her out to watch you for the first few times. That alone might just spark enough intrust to give it a try. If she does try it and want to continue, make sure you get her just as good quality equipment that is made for a woman, not mens hand-me-downs, or mens clothes they don't fit the same.
    Mr. PBG got me into hunting because I already loved the outdoors, camping, and dogs. In hunting I got to combine those things that I enjoyed. For me I just enjoy watching the dogs work, if I get a bird, that is a bonus.

Good Luck

4. Mrs. Quacker Attacker

Mrs. Quacker Attacker Elite Refuge Member

I am in total agreement with Mrs PBG.
    Just call me a "yes" woman.. hehe

5. AURIS LOBB

AURIS LOBB Guest

Hello and thanks to everyone that has responded to tihs post...
    My wife loves to go camping, fishing and watersports..Now that I have showed her some of the responces from you all now as I am writing this she said that she will go and hunting with me.. :D :D :D To Mrs. PBG my wife says that she always gets dirty when she goes camping that is one of the reason why she goes and to pick on me alot..Hee Hee
    THANK YOU LADIES :D :D