Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Need some help

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by goose knuckle, Mar 19, 2013.

1. goose knuckle

goose knuckle Senior Refuge Member

Hey Guys,
    Need some tips on vacationing in the gulf shores. My girlfriend and I like to drink, eat, and relax, but also kick it up and party a few times a week. Where to fly into, where to stay and best time of year would help.
    Thanks.

2. WK2HNT

WK2HNT Senior Refuge Member

Stay in Orange Beach, You could rent a nice condo near-walking distance to the Flora-Bama lounge and have all the party you could ask for. I dont get down there much any more due to my type of work but spent lots of time on the coast in my younger years. My wife and girls spend a couple of weeks down there every summer and I think they rent the condos from brett/robinson agency I am sure you could call the orange beach city of and find more info. hope you enjoy the finest beaches in the nation. Maybe some guys from down in Baldwin/Mobile county could be of more help.

3. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Dunno if you wanna swim in the ocean, but the water is still pretty cold this time of year. I'd wait until May if this is something you wanna do. Plenty of parasailing/jet ski rentals in the area, like all beach destinations. Mobile or Pensacola would be the 2 closest places to fly into, I'm pretty sure P'Cola is considerable cheaper. Like the other guy said, Flora Bama is an area icon, and a must stop. They have the annual "Mullet Toss" the last weekend in April. It's basically a 3-day long party involving thousands of people, loosely based on who can throw a fish the farthest. Live music, alcohol, and babes in bikinis are plentiful.

I can point you in the direction of some fine local inshore charter guides who are personal friends of mine. Late spring/early summer (April-May) is a good time of year down here in general, and the fishin is pretty good. Feel free to PM me for more info or with other specific questions.

4. Chef Boy

Chef Boy Senior Refuge Member

Call Jeff Chambless for fishing he is the best in Orange Beach for (specks & reds)

5. newduk

newduk Senior Refuge Member

Pensacola Naval Air Station is home of the Blue Angels. They often have scheduled practices that you can watch for free. Blue Angel website will have the dates. Also a good time to be there is during the shrimp festival, or the offshore powerboat races (Thunder on the Gulf).

6. Luckytiger

Luckytiger Senior Refuge Member

Make change of plans....fly into northwest florida international airport (panama city beach, fl.) Go southeast about 20 miles and stay at pinnacle port condos or rosemary beach, fla. Go to Tootsies Bar,Red Bar,etc. Eat at Boondocks, Captain Andersons, Uncle Earnies, Hunts Oyster Bar,etc. I live here in south walton(Inlet Beach, Fla.):tu Plenty of fishin' guides/charters available.

7. Chef Boy

Chef Boy Senior Refuge Member

Go to Appalatchcola that is Old School FLA. Fish and relax wit no tourests and croweds.

8. CutTheDrake

CutTheDrake Elite Refuge Member

Or English Majors...