Need Your Ideas!

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Gander D. Bander, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Gander D. Bander

Gander D. Bander Elite Refuge Member

We were thinking of putting on a BBQ/Callin' contest/ fun for the whole family/ campout thing this spring, we were kicking this idea around but couldn't come up with a campground or location with water for dogs, open country for the kids to run, and tables for the wifes to sit and bitch about us hunting all the time. :l I would like to do it for a whole weekend like Memorial day before it gets HOT! It has to be a spot that can handle quite a few people and doesn't mind loud calling and late night beer drinking after the kids go to bed ;) any ideas on a central location would be appreciated Thanks

2. roninrus1

roninrus1 Senior Refuge Member

GDB, just a word to the wise for all. Memorial day is a long weekend for most folks and a good & bad choice. Had family up in 2002 and could not find a place to stay on short notice. EVERYTHING was booked up. Folks need to decide and make reservations EARLY!:sp

3. Waterproof

Waterproof Elite Refuge Member

Actually Ron thats why we are posting up here now to get feedback and input from the Colorado family. We were thinking a simple get together with some fun activities thrown in as well.

I know we can get some forum sponsors to donate items that we can raffle off and have for prizes. I set the first one up in Oregon when I was still there and it is still going strong.

Any ideas anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

4. roninrus1

roninrus1 Senior Refuge Member

WP, I understand. Talked to GDB yesterday! Just pointing out my experience last Memorial Day so folks will know to decide and make reservations early. Not trying to rain on parade or put-down anyone's efforts.:D
    No offense taken or meant.:sp

5. Gander D. Bander

Gander D. Bander Elite Refuge Member

It doesn't matter to me what weekend I just threw in memorial day more as an example then an actual date. I think we need to do it somewhere where we can be loud as we want, have a fire to roast 'mellers with the kids, (which puts the mountians out..if there is a fire ban), convinent to town, more then anything centrally located to the majority of the members so I would say somewhere around Denver.(Sorry to the lost boys on the other side:l )
    I will try to get it done for out at our lake at work but I was reading the rules and its for immediate family, I am sure its a liability thing :rolleyes: It'd be a perfect spot tho.
    I have been to a couple of these and they are a BLAST! Gimme a reason to make several "beer can" chickens;) If you don't have a spot for it post up ideas on what you would like to see there or activities. Thanks

6. Renegade

Renegade Senior Refuge Member

The company I work for has 1400 acres in the mountains just outside of Estes Park. I think I can have up to 20 guests if its a planned deal. There are camp sites, showers, playground, horseshoes, etc. I go there all the time in my RV but I have never taken a bunch of riff raff..:p

....Let me do some checking when I get back to work next week and I will see. If it is kosher, it would be an ideal spot for ya all to bring me beer and peanuts..
    :D ;) :D

If there is no fire ban, they even provide the fire wood....

More to follow

7. FOM

FOM Senior Refuge Member

:( If you do decide to do it Memorial Day weekend, I won't be able to attend (dog test in SLC) let me know what weekend you all decide so I can juggle tests...

FOM

8. grappler

grappler Senior Refuge Member

I just wanted to let you guys know that I think the BBQ/camping idea is great!!! :sp :sp If this thing happens I would love to take part in it. Please keep us up to date with this idea.:D :D

9. Losthwy

Losthwy Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like a good idea, BandedBird's proposed site seems ideal if it pans out, that is if they allow riff raft on the property.:sp

10. hunting4food

hunting4food Senior Refuge Member

I like BandedBird's idea.....if that doesn't pan out, how bout Jackson Lake. It's about an hour+ up 76. Great facilities, RV hookups, showers, water in the lake (maybe).