Need Your Ideas!

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Gander D. Bander, Feb 15, 2003.

1. USMC

USMC Elite Refuge Member

Count me in with my girlfriend, maybe i will have a flea bitten mutt by then. I always wanted to teach Chris how to shoot pigeons, hehehehe!!!!:p

2. Gander D. Bander

Gander D. Bander Elite Refuge Member

You teach me how to shoot pigeons and I will teach you how to shoot a duck! Bring your calls we'll give you some tips..well on second thought... DON'T BRING YOUR CALLS:p:p :l:l

3. Escopeton

Escopeton Senior Refuge Member

Good idea. I was thinking about doing something like that but at Navajo Lake in New Mexico. I have spoken with the director of the state park and he can give permission to have dogs off leash for training. And, the San Juan River, you can use shotguns, besides the fly fishing for trout. There is plenty of camping with developed sites there, too.

The reason I thought of Navajo because it was in the four corners area and close to Az., Utah, Colorado and New Mexico, of course.

Any residents of New Mexico interested in doing something like that give me a hail.

4. siltbowhunter

siltbowhunter Senior Refuge Member

i wanna come, i wanna come.
    dont want none of your pound hounds humpin my prize lab if she's in heat though. it would suck to end up with a lab- chiwawwa mix.:l :l

sounds like you have some bites. you just need to post a few dates at a place and see who officially bites. right now everyone is looking at the lure from the other side of the pond.

oh yea, if that wildcat 285 is coming, count me out. he is a prick..:D , and his dog is a mangie mean mutt. his new chickerdie could entertain all of you single guys though...:l

5. roninrus1

roninrus1 Senior Refuge Member

GDB, since there will be children present there needs to be a dress code for the people from the "other side". No chiffon or any leather thongs. SprigShady, no camo thongs either!
    If we are still here, wife & I plan on coming for the day!
    I have a clay pigeon throwing thang I'll bring too!

6. Wild boar

Wild boar Senior Refuge Member

Hey Chris,

I'm down like a clown with frown. 2 adults and 2 dogs. Oh yeah, I hope we get to shoot some clays so I can put your ego in check. You can out call me but I've seen you shoot. LOL. If we get to shoot we'll have put down a friendly wager. Iceboy's not included, no ringers allowed( he'd probably take all our money).

100 Lessers land, 98 leave

7. 285 Wildcat

285 Wildcat Senior Refuge Member

I wish our moderator would remove one of these BBQ threads! Oh and I have a clay pigeon trowin thang too! its called a SiltBowhunter!!!:l :l Give him enough alchihall and he will throw them pigeons all day hahahahahaha Regarding that so called prize lab, well that should argued and debated!!:l :l

8. Iceboy

Iceboy Senior Refuge Member

Awe, c'mon Clint! Don't be 'fraid of lil' ole me and my cranberry musket!!!:D :D It will be fun! Hey if we can't shoot at the BBQ, I would be more than happy to do a shoot with y'all in April at Chris's field. Maybe even work the dogs a bit. My spot in Brighton has a ity bity pond on it if your dogs need water work. My pups are well in water, but I need some work on Sadie's blind retrieve. So a large field would probably be best. Let me know!

9. Remshot

Remshot Elite Refuge Member

If I'm back and settled from my Alaska trip, I'd like to come and meet up too. It would be me, a couple of kids, my lab, and my wife....well she doen't get much out of camping, so she might stay home.

10. I don't know if this will help you all out or not. I am not looking to barge in on your plans at all either. I live in Estes Park and if you needed anything I would be more than willing to help you out. If you do decide to have it up in Hermit Park. I doubt anything would happen but you never know. I run a lot of Radios up in estes. Like CB's and Business radios. I don't know if this would help you out because I dont' know if any of you have them but if you were in a bind and needed some help I could help you out. I know the area and like I said could help you out with anything if you need it. Also, if you need more info about Estes or anything like that I can surly help you out with that too. Hope this helps. Just let me know if you need anything. I could also let you know about the fire bans and what not. Like I said just let me know.