Needing a kennel cover.

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by DWB5, Nov 21, 2017.

1. DWB5

DWB5 Senior Refuge Member

2. DWB5

Well I will prob have to do the mud river. I measured my kennel. It 36×28 1/2 × 25. And mud river has the large extended that will fit it.

3. hutch949

hutch949 Senior Refuge Member

I have a brand new shadowgrass uninsulated cover I will take $45 dollars for including shipping if it will work for you.It will fit a large kennel,maybe even a xlarge.If interested pm and I will send you pics. Hutch949

4. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

I,ve got an insulated mud river and have been using it past 4 winters. No problems at all. Really blocks the cold and wind from getting to dog when zipped up. You,ll not go wrong getting one.

5. DWB5

Screenshot_2017-11-22-07-47-11.png Screenshot_2017-11-22-07-47-34.png
    Is this the one you found

6. Larsen's Labs

Larsen's Labs Elite Refuge Member

That looks like the same cover but it appears to be a little pricier. Of course, I have had mine for 4 or 5 years so they likely went up in price. Mine fit on a large size Vari-kennel which is has plenty of room for a 60-80 # lab!

LL

7. DWB5

Has yours held up well and do you like them?

8. duck dawg

duck dawg Senior Refuge Member

You should be fine with the Large Extended. I think you'll be pleased with it.

I have one of their memory foam crate cushions that I really like also.

9. DWB5

Yeah I'm really tore I like it and the heritage. I dont think the heritage has any storage in it. But with me being out of work price is a big factor. I'm still shopping around. He didn't have a cover last year but it was never really cold when he got to go. The other day we went to look for a deer and it was around the mid 20's and him dry he was shaking. That's when I knew if he was going to hunt this year I was going to have to spend the money on a cover.
    THANKS EVERYONE!!!!for your help!!

10. Larsen's Labs

Larsen's Labs Elite Refuge Member

I have had mine for several years and they are in just as good a shape as they were when I got them! Not sure if they are made of rip stop material but there are no tears in them and the seams and zippers are still in excellent shape. Not sure how the insulation compares to the Mud River covers but the dogs appear comfortable. One of dogs is 11 and the other is 5. They appear to be quite comfortable in the crates but they also are outside dogs - unless the temp gets below -10 Fahrenheit. They still stay out during the day but I put them in crates in a warmer room in the garage when it is exceptionally nasty out!!

LL