Neosho or Marais Des Cygne WMA

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by James Mapp, Nov 13, 2017.

1. James Mapp

James Mapp New Member

Has anyone hunted these two wmas this year or inprevious years? I’m headed up there this weekend and was wondering if anyone might give some advice. Don’t have a boat but I’m goung to scout Friday afternoon and going to hunt through Monday morning. Any help would be appreciated thanks

stevena198301 likes this.
  2. KSRedleg

KSRedleg Elite Refuge Member

Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

duckhuntingUSA likes this.
  3. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

Have fun hunting with a couple dozen of your new sky blasting best friends per pool. It’s not too bad on weekdays but weekends are a zoo. Make sure you use the iSportsman check in system

dux/24 7 likes this.
  4. James Mapp

James Mapp New Member

5. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

A zoo is putting it lightly. More nonstop kazoos than a clown school.

duckhuntingUSA and ED Vanderbeck like this.
  6. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

God, that’s no joke. I wish people realied you really, truly don’t need to call at every duck and duck calls are a tool used for finishing already interested birds, rarely are you going to pull a bird down from 500 feet up straight into your decoys. Just makes them call shy. But it’s all about screw you I’m getting mine on public land. I hunted MDC yesterday and didn’t shoot a single bird I had to call at, meanwhile the musicians 300 yards away did plenty of calling and very little shooting, and what they did was 45 yard pass shots.

7. James Mapp

James Mapp New Member

We can thank duck commander for that. O well hopefully with some decent luck we can shoot a few limits

8. dux/24 7

That's funny because the last time I hunted there was a couple years ago with a guy and we had the same experience , birds decoyed well when we really didn't do anything but stay hidden and quiet.
    And to James, really the Duck Commanders have nothing to do with it they really don't call that much at ducks. But these big-time call makers that call non-stop on their videos and I know it's to help sell Calls, but it really is overkill and not needed but most people are too dumb to figure that out.
    I actually prefer to hunt with people who do Not call much at all. Most of the spots I have are pretty darn good spots and 90% of the Ducks we kill I am 100% positive you do not need to blow a call at. And I know this because 90% of the Ducks we kill come in without us hardly even knowing.

9. dux/24 7

As far as public ground goes in my opinion, in the few times that I have hunted it, it's all about being in the right spot that makes all the difference.
    If you are in the spot they want to be and have been using you will kill ducks unless you decide to screw it up with your party horn.

10. duckhuntingUSA

duckhuntingUSA Elite Refuge Member

If you figure out how to deal with this, let me know. It’s heartbreaking to watch parents raising their kids like this. Been seeing it for some years now and those kids have grown up, are 20 and 30 something hoody wearing, no it all, utube Star, know everything marsh bullies, who may mess with your truck. Bad attitude, bad calling, bad scouting, bad ethics, bad news in the public marsh. Being too old to fight much anymore, public is just not my game anymore like it once was.

But telling someone headed to a public marsh in KS right now to watch their calling and be where the birds want to be, bout the best advise available. IMO.
    We could debate calling birds to the water, but if the group next to ya is calling everything and shooting 50 yards high, doesn’t matter.
    Rant over. For now.