New 4 Stroke for the War Eagle

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by 1bigduck, Feb 22, 2018.

1. 1bigduck

1bigduck Senior Refuge Member

Awesome thanks for all the help. Just tired of fighting the old two stroke at 4 in the morning in the middle of December. Probably is part my fault but it's always been tough starting. I've had other 4 strokes that were much easier to start than the current motor. the marina I am using is offering a $2500 trade in also. so that kinda really seals the deal.

2. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

I now have 4 4-strokes, and have had several 2-strokes over the years. With EFI, my yammie 70 & 50 start and run like champs. I upgraded these from older carb'd 4-strokes and a 2-stroke. For me, the choice on these newer ones is easy. Depending on the horsepower range, weight is not much of a factor any more, in fact the yammie 70 is way lighter than others. The only 2-stroke I miss is a 8 yammie that was stolen several years back. And that was because on the smaller outboards the weight was a bigger issue.

3. CountryRN

CountryRN Refuge Member

I replaced an old merc 60 with an f70 about three years ago. only gained 50 lb of weight but lost a heck of a lot of headache trying to start it in cold weather. Runs very quiet. Can easily hold a conversation at WOT. The fuel efficacy of the new motor is awesome - far superior to the old 2S.

DuckPlucker likes this.
  4. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

Whether you get a 2 or 4 stroke, make sure it's EFI...

5. Illini Coot Killr

Illini Coot Killr Senior Refuge Member

Have a 60hp Merc 4 stroke on a 17.5 ft. Seark with a jackplate and pods. Love it. I get in plenty of skinny water with it.