New AvianX & DSD turkey decoys

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by Wastinshells, Jan 31, 2014.

1. TooTall

TooTall Elite Refuge Member

:l This thread is not going how you intended.

The new DSDs that are coming out this year are quite stunning.

2. dragon1681

dragon1681 Elite Refuge Member

I am one of the DSD decoy guys I guess. I am not bashing the Avians at all. I think that DSD, Avians and several other manufactures have made huge steps in making some of the most realistic decoys out there. When I bought my DSD's they where the best out there by far in my opinion. They still look great so I have no need for any others. I will continue to support ANY decoy company that makes there decoys in the USA. Not sure where Avians are made but if they where a US decoy I would have no issue buying them if I needed more.

3. theshotcaller

theshotcaller Senior Refuge Member

DSD all the way.

Merica!

4. DeWayne Knight

DeWayne Knight Elite Refuge Member

is the new Avian-Xs don't look like a basketball with a turkey head stuck on it anymore!!!

5. DeWayne Knight

DeWayne Knight Elite Refuge Member

As Fred Zink was the chief decoy designer/carver for Avery Outdoors, I would venture a guess and say he stuck with what he knows and the Avian-X decoys are made in China...

6. Barry Keicks

Barry Keicks Senior Refuge Member

I guide with my LCD's and they have taken more then a few pellets. they are still usable afterwards, the rubber holds it shape after being shot.

7. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

Yep :tu

8. coolbrze

coolbrze Senior Refuge Member

9. deltadukman

deltadukman Senior Refuge Member

If you need $100 decoys to kill turkeys then..........

This is how you educate them. Next yall will be needing spinning wing turkey decoys like that thing Preston Pittman is advertising. Flopping turkeys, flapping turkeys, squealing getting forked turkey calls, mounted up decoys, ground blinds, black ninja suits, flocks of decoys. Sooner or later yall are going to tell us they've gotten too smart.

Best decision I ever did was take my one(only one I have ever owned) hen decoy out of my vest several years ago. I've vowed to never buy another one again. Its hurt me more than helped me the few times I have used it. And SE United Stated Easterns are the hardest turkeys to kill of all the sub species. Keep using bigger and better and sooner or later you have used all your cards in outsmarting them.