New Bow

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by DUCKGOD, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ratherBhunting

ratherBhunting Elite Refuge Member

The only thing it has going for it is looks. Had I known what a major ****** it is to tune, and i mean MAJOR, I never would have bought it. Id feel more confident shooting a bass pro bow with the sucky outfitter package. Just my luck with two archery tags this year...:eek:

2. Native Arkie

Native Arkie Elite Refuge Member

Buddy of mine was going to get a DXT last year. I ended up getting mine for a good deal and he decided that he had to have the Reezen. I think he's regretted it ever since. It's been a major pain to tune. My DXT on the other hand has been a dream. Set it and shoot it. Not hard to tune at all.

3. RNTquackaholic

RNTquackaholic Elite Refuge Member

Matthews is one of the most popular bow companies. But why bring out the Monster bow? It is basically a PSE XForce, looks about the same.
    Lots of the prostaffers shoot PSE bows on tv, I see that a lot, not on the matthews show, but others. See some others on there as well.
    I shoot a bowtech diamond, cheaper model, but i've killed deer, yet to miss or cripple one. It's a 50# setup.
    My dad had a DXT, smooth, went to a monster, and don't really like it all that well. It's got a rough spot in the pulling and then it's got vibration in it, but not as bad as the Reezen. My mom shoots a hoyt firehawk or something, forget what it is. That is a very smooth nice bow. I've shot a matthews DXT, they are nice, but kinda pricey, that is what happens to companies that advertise a lot, need more money.
    It's the shooter that makes the bow, no matter how much you spend on it, if you don't practice or have good form, you'd be lucky to hit a jackass at 5 steps.
    In my whole setup, i've got less than 450 in it, Yes I got a bow package, got a different sight, shoot a WB rest and GT 5575 arrows with Slick tricks 100gr.
    Duckologist, I see where your coming from. I want something with no vibration, smooth as ice and dead in the hand.

4. Duckologist

Duckologist Elite Refuge Member

Without paying 1,000 bucks just so you can get a sticker for your truck.:rolleyes:

5. kjrice

kjrice Elite Refuge Member

Check out a Strother if possible in your area. Other bows to check out are the Maxxis 35 and New Breed Genetix. Don't get caught up in a popularity contest. Try to shoot as many as you can and pick what is right for your style. Too many good options these days.

6. Catdaddy

Catdaddy Elite Refuge Member

I think the destroyer is about $200 more than the Z7. It's a speed bow. I haven't shot either. I would suggest you shoot them and decide.

If resale means anything to you, Mathews has the edge in that department.

7. RNTquackaholic

RNTquackaholic Elite Refuge Member

I think Matthews/Hoyt/Bowtech have the best resales. But it all depends on who is looking at it.
    I'm not big on the speed bows, I think my little bow was shooting about 230 something at 25" draw. It does very well, no i don't shoot expandables in that light of a bow.
    Mission bows are good, shot one of those and it felt pretty nice, just shooting it. I like something smooth, cheap is a plus but i am not going to buy cheap crap either. I will shoot mine a few more years and then get something else probably.
    Pick what fits you best, shotguns can be made to fit you, but a bow, I'd rather shoot 10 and pick the one that did the best for me. There are lots of advertisements now about speed and more speed, how much is too much.

8. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

Lee Lacoskey, (angels singing in the background) shoots a Z7......you should too!

lol :l

9. drakegunner

drakegunner Elite Refuge Member

boy, you guys sure get worked up over your vertical crossbows/arrow flinging devices. I don't understand how you can get so worked up over some lifeless piece of technology. LOL I spent $600 on what will probably be the last bow I'll ever need to buy. Why you ask, because there are no more technological advancements for a Hill style longbow. :dv I couldn't resist I guess I just feel like trolling today.

10. Slew

Slew Elite Refuge Member

I replaced my old Hoyt a few weeks ago and was planning on a Z7 or a Maxxis 31 and ended up coming home with the Destroyer 340. I shot several different bows over a few weeks at the shop and its the one I kept coming back too. Its smooth, quiet, and was faster than the others so why not. Happy so far, just been too busy to air it out on the swine. Hopefully tom am or Fri eve will be a good time!!!

Slew:)