New California Ammo Regs for 2018 — A Hassle for Hunters and Shooters

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by sdkidaho, Oct 6, 2017.

1. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

The regs will be a major inconvenience for law-abiding gun owners, while doing nothing to decrease crime or increase public safety,” he said. “The laws will also have a dramatic impact on state revenues due to a decrease in ammunition sales. When similar restrictions have been enacted in other states and municipalities, everybody ended up going elsewhere to buy ammunition.

Full article here:
    https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/201...s for 2018 A Hassle for Hunters and Shooters

It's gotta suck to live in California. I can't imagine that the weather is a good enough trade-off for all the crap they have to deal with...

2. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Hopefully the hunters and shooters will start leaving that nutty state. I can’t think of one good reason to live there when laws like this are taken into account.

3. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

I'm ok with the sane escaping, but when they come to other states and try to change those areas because "this is how we did it where I used to live", then I'd rather they stay where they're at, rather than spread the diseases they live with.

4. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

By and large liberals are like a virus. Once they kill their host state the move to other states (growing and healthy) to get away from the state they just destroyed. Problem is they infect the new state, trying to create the Utopia of their minds, not realizing that their policies are what killed the last host.

Look at New England, the locals in the northern states call Massachusetts transplants Massholes. California infected Arizona, now Texas and Idaho is not far behind. They are activists at heart so they will soon look to run your state the way they see fit. They are justified in doing this because you are all rubes and they are so much smarter than everyone else. Just ask them, they'll tell you.

5. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

I hope with Bass Pro buying Cabelas, they open a store or two in CA but have some retailers that have pretty good deals on ammo.

6. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

And you wonder why us people of California are moving to Idaho!

callinfowl and dux/24 7 like this.
  7. sacbob

sacbob Elite Refuge Member

I hope the trend of people leaving CA skyrockets. I've watched the population go from about 7 million to nearly 40 million.
    We could profit from a major exodus.

callinfowl likes this.
  8. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

If california fell off into the ocean, no one would care. Dont push your BS way of living on the rest of the U.S.

9. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

The thing is, get inland a bit and California can get pretty red neck. Born and raised in the SF Bay Area and it's disgusting how much it's changed. But there's still 40% of us here that are trying to hang on, and having a lot of family here makes it hard to just pick up and leave. So much history.

How about we let the bigger/big cities and Sacramento go into the ocean? Then we would really have something.

10. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

You'll get your wish...kind of. The folks who voted conservative and actually worked for a living will leave, but they'll be replaced by illegals and "refugees" who will vote solid liberal. Have fun with that.

callinfowl likes this.